escada has commented on the following diary entries

User Tracks 1 day ago

Are you talking about the iD editor (edit on osm.org) ?

Palmeira dos índios - Alagoas - #1202 4 days ago

I ran google translate on your diary.

Do you need to tag a part of a road as bridge ? In iD select the part you need, then you see under "structure"-> bridge. Select that.

In JOSM, you can simply add a tag "bridge" with value "yes"

I hope this helps

regards

Fehlermeldung beim Speichern about 1 month ago

(Sorry for the English reply)

This means that someone else modified that way between the moment you started editing and the moment you wanted to save your modifications. I don't know how to solve this in Potlach, but this question has popped up on help.openstreetmap.org. I guess it was answered as well.

Maybe you can search there for the answer ?

Mapnik don't render railwail=abandoned tag ? about 1 month ago

On help.openstreetmap.org people were told to look at http://www.openrailwaymap.org/

bicycle traffic about 2 months ago

I don't know why oneway=yes and oneway:bicycle=no is nonsense, almost all oneway streets in Belgium are like that.

As you might now, the basic mapnik map is just that: one of the many possible renderings. The opencycle map might be better suited for your needs or the OpenFietsMap [1] map for garmin devices. They are more targetted towards cyclists. They do differentiate between paved and unpaved cycleways.

The "ordinary" editor allows you to add any tag, valid and invalid. It does not necessarily show a different color or line width depending on the tags. JOSM, the offline editor, is much more powerful, and allows you define your own rendering styles depending on the tags found on the ways and nodes.

As the others mentioned, please get in touch with others before composing your own set of tags. Especially, with countries with a lot of cyclist (Holland, Germany, Denmark, UK) and see how they tag. The problems you try to solve have been discussed there. The tagging mailing list is one way, the Dutch and German forums is another way.

[1] http://www.openfietsmap.nl/

bicycle traffic about 2 months ago

Furthermore, which tags did you use for "cars - yes" and "biycles bidirectional" the official tags are motor_vehicle=yes and oneway:bicycle=no. See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bicycle for properly mapping bicycle ways.

Furthermore, I believe mapnik is not showing roads with oneway:bicycle=no differently than oneway streets without that tag

I hope this helps

bicycle traffic about 2 months ago

Regarding the compulsory tag you invented, there is a proposal for this: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/use_sidepath It was discussed in the German community as well as on the Dutch forum and the tagging mailing. It is not approved yet. Please vote in favour of this proposal if it fits your needs

First steps in historical OSM analysis 2 months ago

It would be nice to have something like this on the Belgian osm website, for course for a Belgian town. And... would it be possible to include a timestamp somewhere ?

Hey guys. 2 months ago

I think the paths in Levin domain should be connected to the streets. They should not stop at the border of the park. The idea is that a routing engine can take you from the street into the park.

scrolling the map in JSOM on MacOS 3 months ago

I recently filed a problem with Java 7 and JOSM for this. I had no problem with it on Java 6. Did you by any chance moved to Java 7 a year ago ? Anyway, the team seems to be working on the issue.

regards

Brauche dringend Eure Hilfe! 3 months ago

I assume you want something like http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/ ? This functionality is not available on osm.org, but you need third party website such as the one I just mentioned

regards

home neighborhood 3 months ago

Welcome to OpenStreetMap,

Which program do you mean ? The online editor iD ? You can ask for help on e.g. htttp://help.openstreetmap.org or http://forum.openstreetmap.org in the editors forum. there are also mailing lists per country en local communities that gather together from time to time.

regards

First OpenStreetMap Postings at SFSU 4 months ago

Each OSM editor has the possibility to upload GPS traces. They are not automatically converted to ways, paths, etc. You have to draw over the lines to add them to OSM. With the JOSM editor you can also visualize waypoints that you record with your GPS-device. I don't know for the other editors. Both iD and JOSM have the possibility to view all uploaded GPS traces as a background of the editor. Not only your GPS traces, all traces that people were willing to share. There are also editors for smartphone that let you immediately add POIs via the app. Check out the links on http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Software/Mobile for your device.

happy mapping

An abandoned outdoor movie theater in Desert of Sinai, Egypt 4 months ago

I would use disused:amenity=cinema. This makes it clear that the cinema part is disused, not the tourist attraction

community building 4 months ago

A good idea, I'm willing to help, but won't be able before next month. For the moment, I'm too busy with some non-OSM related stuff.

See you in Antwerp

Morro da Formiga 5 months ago

You could use loc_name which is meant for this (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:name)

sorry for the English answer, I read your blog entry through a translation service

Trilhas de GPS coloridas de acordo com a direção do movimento 5 months ago

You can also use the standard "OpenStreetMap GPS Traces" layer in JOSM, this contains all GPS traces that were uploaded to OSM.

Salvador Mapping Party Report - January 2014 6 months ago

Thanks for sharing. It's always interesting to learn about OSM contributors at the other end of the world

Universal language 6 months ago

Many browsers have (or you can install) a plugin that does translations. I use it all the time for Russian, Spanish, etc blogs. I'll try to read (and practice) my English, French & German by reading those blogs without translating.

1. Brandenburger Landesausstellung - Gebäude in Doberlug-Kirchhain 6 months ago

I'm glad it worked. And yes, the plugin does all the hard work, although you could do it by hand as well :-)