Hosted a Planing webinar meeting with #UniqueMapppersTeam Network #YouthMappers Chapters #OSMNigeria Local Community LeadersPosted by vicksun on 27 January 2019 in English (English)
Yea,to effectively #mapthedifference2019 from Nigeria local openstreetmap community ,I hosted a planing meeting of team coordinators and leaders of the mappers teams I created and mentor in various Nigerian Universities.These teams are affiliated teams of #uniquemappersteam network,nigeria,#hotosm and #youthmappers..The following were present:
- Ikenna Arungwa - Team leader-#absumappersteam -Abia State University,Uturu
- Ezekiel Annointing -Team Leader #unimaidmappersteam-University of Maiduguri,Borno
- Dr Uluocha Nnabugwu and Mr Chukwuma Okolie-Team Coordinator & Team Leader-#unilagmappersteam-University of Lagos
- Mrs Mary Marcellineous -Team Coordinator -#oyomappersteam -Federal School of Surveys,Oyo
- Saviour Owujie and Mercy Bannu,Team Leader and Team Secretary General -#uniquemappersteam Network ,-Port Harcourt
- Kingsely Chukwu,Vyvian Amara Ugwudinso and Victor Ezeugwu ..Team Ledaers #lionmappersteamenugucampus ,,University of Nigeria Enugu Campus.
- .Victor N.Sunday -Team Coordinator/mentor #osmnigeria #uniquemappersteam With these passionate osmites we had a 2-hour briefing and deliberations on the way forward as local OSM community in Nigeria.
Our deliberations was as listed below:
- Kick-starting our national #mapperswanted training webinar series which was agreed that for this year it should be forth nightly(twice in a month)instead of weekly.
- Conferences and OSM/OSGEO opportunities for the year,including HOT microgrant application,which I encouraged all the university team/community to apply,while #OSMNigeria will also apply for the benefit of all the teams
- OSM Nigeria Community 2019 programs and projects
- Individual team/community capacity building via training and expansion of the community and participation in projects and global HOT community webinar.They were also encouraged to feature actively in #osmafrica community activities and planning meetings for the forth coming state of the map Africa in November 2019.
Questions were asked on the difference between tasks.teachosm and task.hotosm as well as the link to OSM diary.These were cleared and the issue of erroneous mapping and tagging was also pointed out as a team member of Ignatius Mappers Team was identified by Andrew of USAID,so mappers in #osmnigeria need to map accurately . We look forward to meet again to strategize and implement as deliberated!!so we can #mapthedifference2019 effectively