Re-tagging picnic sites with leisure=picnic_site and amenity=picnic_site to tourism=picnic_site (Part 2)Posted by jinalfoflia on 28 December 2015 in English (English).
Continuing from the previous diary post.
I worked on cleaning up the tags
leisure=picnic_site and replaced them with
tourism=picnic_site tag. Here are the changesets related to the changes made on OSM.
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36122000 (South America)
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36122166 (North America)
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36122432 (MockBa)
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36122706 (Europe)
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36122849 (Australia)
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36122958 (Kunming,China)
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36123139 (Australia)
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36123577 (Thailand)
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36123927 and https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36124505 (California, British Columbia, Oregon, Vancouver)
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36124755 and https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36124910 (Rest of North America)
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36125178 (Israel, Egypt)
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36125857 (United Kingdom)
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36126193 (Rest of Europe)
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36126675 (South Korea)
edit was made with-in a year, I have sent a message to the user, informing about the change I made to their edit. There were a total of 44 messages sent.
This was the message format
Subject: Re-tagging picnic sites with tourism=picnic_site tag
This is the node that I have changed the tag for - https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3353080237/history (The link to their node)
Some pain points:
- It is a good idea to send a message to user intimating them about the change, but the process becomes tedious after a point of time. Since this was small number it could be managed. For bigger edits it would be a great idea to have a better way in which it can be communicated.
I spent half a day doing this clean-up. A good amount of time was spent in communicating the users with the change made to their edits. These are the number of nodes added by me.