- Mapping Buildings :: Startup
- Mapping Buildings :: Basics on using building_tools + terracer
- Mapping Buildings :: More Advanced
At this moment my profile shows 1,822 edits, all done with JOSM, so it would seem reasonable to assume that I know JOSM inside-out. Well, yes & no.
- The last time I went out surveying was 28 May 2017 (19 months ago)
- I never completed adding that survey into OSM
(I got to Chedington Avenue on Spring Lane)
- After creating another batch of OSM Promotional Leaflets it remains only for me to finish the necessary editing on the last survey. Then I can get on the road again for some more surveying.
- I fell down dead 20 years ago so I try not to be too hard on myself if I forget things
(23 February 1999 — heart went into fibrillation — on awakening I did not know where I lived nor worked, and had the memory of a goldfish (’bout 4 minutes))
My OS is different than the last time I used JOSM, so everything needed to be done from the beginning, again. My thought was to make use of this opportunity to give advice to those starting from scratch and trying to learn how on earth to use this programme. Uniquely, I’m both well-experienced and a complete novice in using it at the same time, and that may help give me an insight into what newbies may need to know.
This will be just an introductory post. The meat of the matter will start at the next post.
I do not intend to structure the help too strongly. It will be a bunch of disparate stuff as I come across it whilst editing. I strongly urge others to add in their own useful titbits in the comments, or to correct wrongful info.