Today, I got the question how I quickly added a ton of notes. I use OSMAND for this, with a few tweaks.
- Enable the 'OSM Editing plugin'
- Under configure screen, enable 'Quick action'. You find it right on top
- Go back to the map; you'll notice a new button on the lower right side, just above the plus-button.
- Press this 'quick action button'. A new menu pops up.
- Press 'add action' and choose 'Add OSM Note
- In the following menu, make sure to enable 'Show an interim dialog' and press 'apply'
Adding a note
- Press the quick action button
- An orange marker appears. Swipe the map to position the marker above the note location.
- Press 'Add OSM Note'
- Enter the note text in the popup and press OK
- Your note now appears as green circle with an 'i' on the map
- Repeat for all the notes
For now, your note is not send over to OSM.org but remains on your own device!
Uploading all your notes
After surveying, you'll have a ton of notes. To upload them all at once:
- Go to 'My Places'
- Go to the third tab: 'OSM Edits'
- Press the upload button in the lower left corner (pointing up)
- Select the notes you want to upload. If you want to upload them all, press the checkbox left of 'your edits'
- Press the upload button in the upper right corner
- Enter your credentials and hit OK.
You can also enter your credentials with the 'OSM Editing' plugin settings, so that you don't have to enter them over and over again.
If you are gonna add a lot of POIs with the same presets (e.g. benches, AED, ...), you can also make a quick action for that. Play around!