Today, v4.12.0 of the OpenStreetMap Carto stylesheet (the default stylesheet on the OSM website) has been released. Once changes are deployed on the openstreetmap.org it will take couple of days before all tiles show the new rendering.
- Dropped subpixel accuracy for areas, which includes tuning some database indexes. When deployed, it might speed up reading data.
- Added rendering “surface” tag on roads with a pattern
- More vertical objects rendering and tuning (man_made=tower types, man_made=chimney, man_made=communications_tower)
- tourism=information types rendering and tuning (information=audioguide, board, guidepost, map, office, tactile_map, tactile_model and terminal)
- Added rendering for place=quarter
- Added rendering of historic=city_gate
- Added rendering of lock_name
- Ditch and drain name labels are rendered with some offset
- Pixel aligned ford icon
- Made amenity=shelter icon brown
- Finer man_made=pier width rendering
- Rendering living street tunnels different from residential
- Added rendering of overground power=cable like power=line
- Small documentation and code fixes
Thanks to all the contributors for this release including Adamant36 and M1dgard, new contributors. I also like to thank nebulon42 who left our team due to a change of his priorities for all the work on this style and the tools we’re using!
For a full list of commits, see https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/compare/v4.11.0…v4.12.0
As always, we welcome any bug reports at https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues