- The 49 applications listed are asking for a total of about 182k Euro in funding.
- 9 are asking for less than 2000 Euro
- 9 are asking for between 2000 and 4000 Euro
- 9 are asking for between 4000 and 4800 Euro
- 22 are asking for between 4800 and 5000 Euro
Regarding what the applicants want to use the money for i made a rough classification. There are often border cases of course so don’t take these as exact numbers. Alltogether the applications are asking for
- ~60k Euro for paid work (directly paying people for work on the project)
- ~47k Euro for hardware of some sort (from phones to motorcycles)
- ~29k Euro for commercial services of some sort that are not separately specified in the following - most of this is internet access.
- ~14k Euro for various sorts of allowances for people
- ~11k Euro for all kinds of merchandise, gifts and presents other than hardware
- ~6900 Euro for social media advertisements
- ~5000 Euro for renting workplaces and rooms
- ~5000 Euro for administrative costs
- ~3800 Euro for hosting
- ~2700 Euro for licensing non Open Source software and services
Not all applications asking for financing paid work specify exact rates but where this is done the hourly rate varies between 7 Euro and 80 Euro. This range does not appear to be much related to differences in living costs, there is one application from the US asking for just slightly more than 8 Euro per hour for example while another from the US is asking for EUR 80 per hour.