1 maps or not maps?
maps.google is a map, BingMaps is a map OpenStreetMap is not a map … “OpenStreetMap is a huge database, allows everybody to create maps according to his needs. OSM is made by people like you and free to use under an open license.”
2 … and OSM?
- … John Doe thinks this is OpenStreetMap
- … and there is a map with a “german style”
- … and here a list of maps derived from the OpenStreetMap database. There should be something for everyone. ;-) … and if not, then you just make the map yourself.
If you want to compare the quality - Left: GoogleMaps, Right: OpenStreetMap - Please note: the map(s) are zoomable! :)
3 “homemade maps”
as examples database queries or in other words: “homemade maps”.
- in Terceira: https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/CXJ
- in Angra do Heroismo: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/D0S
- in Pontevedra: https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/CXP
- in A Guarda: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/D0O
- and in Sibiu: https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/CXK
- in Râmnicu Vâlcea: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/D0P
- in Portmarnock: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/D0Q
- in Saarburg: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/D0R
- Volcanoes in Ecuador - Name: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/79U
- Volcanoes in Ecuador - Heights: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/79V
Note: The above maps are created live when you call them up, this means that if a new school is added, it is immediately included in this map ;-)
Note: There is not only the standard map, but many special maps - that’s possible, because OSM is a DB. ;-) https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/List_of_OSM-based_services#General
- Farm shop map: https://farmshops.eu/#49.19214,7.09717,12z
- OpenBeerMap … http://openbeermap.github.io/#16/-0.1978/-78.4311 … as you can see - still a lot to do ;-) … or more important :) the
- OpenBrewpub Map … http://hausbräu.openstreetmap.de/?zoom=10&lat=48.98276&lon=8.58809&layers=BT
4 and more with uMap
… and individualized private maps …
- where weeklyOSM is produced?
- or volcanoes in Ecuador - complete - but still in progress
- or visit programme click it ans see, what is possible … photos, links etc … and quite private maps … http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/de/map/peru-juli-2015_39242#6/-13.518/-68.818 … if you read “Forbidden”, yes, it is ;-)
5 News from the OSM world:
- Week after week the news from the OSM world
- The first issue of the weekly note appeared in July 2010
- A certain WN can be found
- In 2014 the international edition the weeklyOSM was launched in a Comenius school project
- The first issue of weeklyOSM appeared 4 years after the first German Wochennotiz in October 2014
- Some accomplices or on an
- individual map
6 Humanitarian OSM (work in progress)
- Missing Maps
7 quality control?
Who does the quality control? - The Community! - OpenStreetMap is the Wikipedia of maps! All about the topic: Quality Assurance
8 OSM in Education
some Universities with a strong OMS commitment
- University of Rapperswil - Prof. Dr. Stefan Keller
- University of Heidelberg - Prof. Dr. Alexander Zipf
9 Apps for you phone
Navigation (Attention - all offline and therefore usable without internet)
… and, and, and