Minutely Extracts (protomaps.com/extracts) is a new service for on-demand OpenStreetMap extracts in .osm.pbf format.
- Data is updated once per minute from the main OpenStreetMap replication diffs. Your changes on OSM.org can be consumed almost immediately, making editing more rewarding.
- Select a bounding box or draw a polygonal region up to 100 million nodes.
- Small areas can be extracted in seconds.
- I am running Minutely Extracts as a public service to help improve the mapping experience.
- Code is available at github.com/protomaps/OSMExpress : this is a command line utility and serialization format specific to planet-scale, spatially indexed OSM data.
- Extracts do not include metadata such as version numbers, Changeset IDs, timestamps or usernames.
- Extracts are reference-complete for ways and multipolygon relations.
- Please contact me at email@example.com if you’re interested in creating extracts via API. Example: automating daily extracts to ingest updated OSM data.
- Since OSM Express is a simple serialization format, It can support other use cases such as minute-frequency editing statistics.