Over time the number of OpenStreamMappers is increasing, almost every day the community is getting new Mappers. Indeed it's a great news but, a matter of tension as well in terms of data quality because of the no or minimal knowledge of tagging, proper drawing, and the fate or end use of data. Its a great news for us that recently a java based android application has been developed what is suitable for new mappers for collecting data in the field offline. It uses Mapzen vector tiles for display. Thanks to Tobias Zwick
Let me introduce you the application named streetcomplete.
- Download it from Google Play Store
- When you have an internet connection, find the place where you want to map, then you can stop the internet. you can find the area using your current location using mobile data.
- You will find the map tile with different features icon. Tap the icon and fill the answers generating against each feature like road, playground, building, path etc.
- After collecting data, upload your answers using the internet.
- Dont forget to authorize your OSM account from settings menu of the app.
Enjoy mapping. ~ AHASAN
N.B: The app is aimed at users who do not know anything about OSM tagging schemes but still want to contribute to OpenStreetMap by surveying their neighbourhood (or other places). Because of the target group, the app only presents issues which are answerable very clearly by asking one simple question, and which involve very few false positives.