Recent diary entries
Setting up OSRM is very easy because it’s using Docker. Here are the steps to take to set up your own router. You can run this locally or on a server. To see this in action check out https://mappingdc.org/bike-router/.
- Install Docker on your machine according to instructions for your operating system. https://docs.docker.com/engine/installation/
- Download a PBF file for your city from the Mapzen Metro Extracts (https://mapzen.com/data/metro-extracts/). If there is none, sign up and request a new one be built.
- Run the backend docker commands from here https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend#using-docker This takes about 30 minutes as it precomputes some data.
- Run the frontend docker commands from here https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-frontend#using-docker Start the front end with the -e option that specifies the URL to your backend, e.g. http://myhost/osrm-router/
Open ports on your firewall, or set up a proxy in Apache like this:
# Frontend ProxyPass /osrm http://127.0.0.1:9966/ ProxyPassReverse /osrm http://127.0.0.1:9966/ # Backend ProxyPass /osrm-router/ http://127.0.0.1:5000/ ProxyPassReverse /osrm-router/ http://127.0.0.1:5000/
- Visit http://myhost/osrm-router/
Hey I just posted to my diary! Where’s the checkbox on this form that says “Share with Twitter” or “Share with Facebook”?
In fact, where the link on this page that says “Provide Feedback on the Diary Feature of OpenStreetMap”?
I’d like to announce my candidacy for the OpenStreetMap US Board election. I’ve posted my Position Statement on my OSM wiki page. I’m especially supporting Local Communities. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
My beer bottle has coordinates.
What am i to do? Add them to OSM naturally
We all know about Q in JOSM, which will make the angles in a building 90°. But isn’t it annoying when you have one building, you are adding an adjacent building, and when you square the corners it affects the first building? Here’s a pro-tip. When squaring the second building, select it, then add 2 nodes from the first building into your selection. Then hit Q. It will use the first building as a baseline for the second. Notice 2 nodes are highlighted red.
MappingDC Mappy Hour
Tuesday Aug 13th, 6PM
Capitol City Brewing Company
I’d like to say thanks to all the non-US openstreetmappers for helping us fix our stuff.