I have put OSM Analytic Difference Engine on github. In short its a backend for a live service providing real-time insight into edits within a region of interest. Special focus has been made to analyse the changesets and provide a concise description of what has changed.
Some of purposes of this engine:
- Prof-of-concept for an improved changeset-info service (improved compared to looking up changeset details on http://openstreetmap.org)
- Provide insight into changes in your area of interest
- Improve team spirit of a regional OSM team/task-force.
- Quality insurance through peer review
- Learning by seeing how other make edits to your region of interest.
The service is available as a web-service and provide three different information elements:
- An overall summary with a overview map containing bounding boxes of recent edits
- A list of changesets with analytic details
- A visual diff for the changes of each changeset (try the ‘VisualDiff’ link on each changeset)
Example of the analytic details:
Find it here: