Recent diary entries
I am testing "taginfo" instances:
- "Taginfo is a system for finding and aggregating information about OSM tags and making it browsable and searchable. It was created by Jochen Topf." link
You can reach my testing site here for the next 2 weeks( after I will shut down )
- Africa: every country - daily refresh
- Central-America: every country - daily refresh
- Antarctica: daily refresh
- other (Asia ,Antartica and Oceania, Europe, North-America, South-America, Russia )
- just some examples ... - no refresh .
About ~ 120 testing areas, some examples:
- Berlin: http://eu-de-be.taginfo-dev.opengeodata.hu/
- California: http://na-us-ca.taginfo-dev.opengeodata.hu/
- Istanbul http://eu-tr-34.taginfo-dev.opengeodata.hu/
- Burkina Faso : http://af-bf.taginfo-dev.opengeodata.hu/
- Costa Rica : http://ca-cr.taginfo-dev.opengeodata.hu/
- Cuba: http://ca-cu.taginfo-dev.opengeodata.hu/
- Haiti: http://ca-ht.taginfo-dev.opengeodata.hu/
- Kenya: http://af-ke.taginfo-dev.opengeodata.hu/
- Madagascar: http://af-mg.taginfo-dev.opengeodata.hu/
- Mali : http://af-ml.taginfo-dev.opengeodata.hu/
- Nicaragua : http://ca-ni.taginfo-dev.opengeodata.hu/
- Sri Lanka : http://as-lk.taginfo-dev.opengeodata.hu/
- Tanzania: http://af-tz.taginfo-dev.opengeodata.hu/
I am also looking hosting/dev sponsors - if it is useful.
After 2 weeks - you can reach the latest info in the source code repo : https://github.com/taginfo/dockerized-taginfo
- I like visualizations, arts, and maps!
- I have enjoyed the Sotm-eu 2014 Poster Competition
- I have printed some of them ( color A2 size) - and reusing all the times the best posters!
- I put on the walls in the local Foss4g/OpenSource conferences - and the visitors like it!!!
- This is a core of our "Tile Based OSM presentation"! ( and a Minimal Viable Marketing )
- I put on the walls in the local Foss4g/OpenSource conferences - and the visitors like it!!!
So please organize a "Poster Competitions" in the State of the Map 2018 again!
I need new posters for our marketing actions! :)
// member of the OSM Hungary
One of my favorite from SOTM-EU2014 ( OSM Pop Art by @leopardengruen )
pub: 3250 vs. place_of_worship: 3476
pub: 4858 vs. place_of_worship: 6372
pub: 3963 vs. place_of_worship: 7625
pub: 686 vs. place_of_worship: 5259
pub: 129298 vs. place_of_worship: 843735
Bob Dylan’s World
In 2016, Dylan received the Nobel Prize in Literature for "having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition".
A map of every street, town, and city Dylan has ever sung about. http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/map_of_the_week/2013/05/bob_dylan_map_every_place_mentioned_in_a_bob_dylan_song.html
Robot Mappers , machine-learning and artificial intelligence (“robot”) techniques ; http://mike.teczno.com/notes/openstreetmap-at-a-crossroads.html
Maybe, in the future we need some ethical suggestions, like
- "Robot mappers must be designed to assist humanity" meaning human autonomy needs to be respected.
- "Robot mappers must be transparent" meaning that humans should know and be able to understand how they work.
- "Robot mappers must maximize efficiencies without destroying the dignity of people".
- "Robot mappers must be designed for intelligent privacy" meaning that it earns trust through guarding their information.
- "Robot mappers must have algorithmic accountability so that humans can undo unintended harm".
- "Robot mappers must guard against bias" so that they must not discriminate people.
based on Satya Nadella's A.I. laws
ps. I added this to the OSM Wiki:Talk:Automated Edits code of conduct
OSM-HU NEWS : BUDAPEST PARK “NAMED” AFTER LEGENDARY ITALIAN ACTOR BUD SPENCER
"Budapest has become the world’s first capital to name a public space after recently deceased Italian film legend Bud Spencer in a Sunday “ceremony” The Hungarian Two-Tailed Dog Party, a joke political party that has recently received extensive media coverage with its satirical campaigns, found an unnamed public park near the Kaszásdűlő suburban railway station in Budapest’s District III, which it promptly named after the Italian star in an official ceremony. .... ". more ... * http://hungarytoday.hu/news/budapest-park-named-legendary-italian-actor-bud-spencer-85461
- This is not official yet ... so probably the "alt_name=" is the correct tag !
- Breaking news: The local politicians is open to rename the park, so they are asking the local people about the renaming!
Street graffiti resembling Bud Spencer in Budapest, Hungary : https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bud_Spencer#/media/File:Bud_Spencer_graffiti.jpg
State of the Map US 2016 - videos
current status: OpenStreetMap US : 43 videos Updated today
"On this site the University of Chicago Press is pleased to present the first three volumes of the History of Cartography in PDF format. Navigate to the PDFs from the left column. Each chapter of each book is a single PDF. The search box on the left allows searching across the content of all the PDFs that make up the first six books."
( via Hacker News: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12116231 )
Taginfo data from: 2015-12-24 00:59 UTC
- xmas:feature=market : 610 ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_market )
- xmas:feature=tree : 290 ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_tree )
- xmas:feature=event : 32
- xmas:feature=pyramid : 20 ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_pyramid )
- shop: 20
- light_house: 1
- advent_calendar: 1
Interesting special keys on the OSM database ( with Number of objects )
Taginfo status: 2015-09-20 23:59 UTC ( see: upper right corner )
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/latitude#values ( 5970 )
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/Latitude#values (164 )
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/LATITUDE#values (49 )
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/longitude#values (5975)
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/Longitude#values (260)
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/LONGITUDE#values (49)
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/lat#values ( 2 736 )
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/Lat#values (167 )
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/lon#values ( 1 448)
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/Lon#values (54 )
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/long#values ( 1287)
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/Long#values (113 )
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/x#values (894)
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/X#values (851)
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/y#values ( 805 )
- http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/Y#values ( 850 )
Do you know other "interesting" keys ?
- osm QA (Quality assurance) http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Quality_assurance
- osm wiki Taginfo : http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Taginfo
Now we have at least 3 hard to detect version on the database. Can you spot a difference?
name="McDonald’s" ( count=126 ) U+2019 ’ e2 80 99 RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK
name="McDonald´s" ( count=40 ) U+00B4 ´ c2 b4 ACUTE ACCENT
name="McDonald's" ( count=14041) U+0027 ' 27 APOSTROPHE
see more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostrophe
I am working on a Translation QA tool helping iD Editor translators.
some fresh reports:
List of duplicated names - for every languages: ( from the latest Transifex data )
iD Translation Status
More reports ( with generated XLS files )
If you want to help translating iD Editor :
I have created a working prototype ( https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b ) for
Detecting duplicate translations.
- example spanish : https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-es_dups-csv
- example english : https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-en_dups-csv
- example german : https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-de_dups-csv
Export presets to CSV ( example hungarian output imported to google sheets :
- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pl3Vwsbp4lD8nK2f-nXWjCchgy5n6FaUnnYvTS_GUA4/edit#gid=198572089 )
I think it is very useful for me and the small hungarian community for detecting translations problems, and errors.
I have created a proposal for a similar service for helping translators: https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/2448
some new languages examples:
- cs https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-cs_dups-csv
- da https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-da_dups-csv
- de https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-de_dups-csv
- en https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-en_dups-csv
- es https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-es_dups-csv
- fr https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-fr_dups-csv
- hu https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-hu_dups-csv
- it https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-it_dups-csv
- lt https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-lt_dups-csv
- pl https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-pl_dups-csv
- pt https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-pt_dups-csv
- ru https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-ru_dups-csv
- sk https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-sk_dups-csv
- sl https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-sl_dups-csv
- sv https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-sv_dups-csv
- ca https://gist.github.com/ImreSamu/18fd1a419e514642ed4b#file-x__ca_dups-csv
my code not working for Korean and Japan language :(