Hi all! I’m making a few updates on the city of Lima (Peru). In this city I did some contributions from [GPS traces with notes] (https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Diego%20Sanguinetti/traces) to improve the city and reduce risks on the streets. This information continues to grow over time and can compare from this website.
- Improve the Pan American route (in Spanish: Panamericana Norte and Panamericana Sur; Reference PE-1N, alternate tracks and the corresponding exits)
- Improve the Expressway (Vía Expresa) of the Costa Verde ([which implusor was Ernesto Aramburu Menchaca] (http://limamilenaria.blogspot.pe/2015/05/la-costa-verde-para-atras-o-para.html) with an avenue that leads his name in Paseo de la República). You can access the Armendaríz exit to connect the two highways.
- Add information from districts: Los Olivos (including speed bump or sway), Comas and Rimac. About center of Lima I would add buildings.
- Improve information continues for the Panamericana malls (some are pending).
- Built tolls Pan American Industrial Separator with a limit of 10-20 kph. They include specified lanes for trucks and private light vehicles. See: https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/36671770
- Add bridges (on the highway), pedestrian crossings and traffic lights.
- Add neighborhoods (pending).
- Add other places as hotels, parking lots, cinemas and restaurants.
- Information to sports village of Callao (pending).
- Added the pedestrian tunnel in Los Alisos.
- Added features at the Jorge Chavez International Airport. For more information you can see this [directory website] (https://www.lima-airport.com/esp/para-pasajeros/vuelos-y-aerolineas/directorio-de-aerolineas).
- Added center speed limits in this sector and to specify route time in Chorrillos map.
- Considering the rigid area (zona ríginda) in Caquetá Avenue by the townhall. Information next stage was also added.
- Fixes names and speed limits in the district of Pachacamac. In the future, according to El Comercio, It will be a commercial place.
Planned or under construction
Highlight the most important and that may affect the traffic of the city:
- Avenue Naranjal. Already completed and updated.
- [Morales y Universitaria Avenues] (https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/-12.03743/-77.07940). Pending. Fountain: http://elcomercio.pe/lima/obras/by-pass-morales-duarez-universitaria-inician-desvio-vehicular-noticia-1863734
- [Costa Verde] (https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/-12.0685/-77.1499). Extension of 5 kilometers from Callao province. Fountain: http://elcomercio.pe/lima/ciudad/costa-verde-callao-obra-sigue-sufriendo-retrasos-fotos-noticia-1858350
- [Underground parking in Miraflores] (https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/-12.1225/-77.0245). I quote: “590 parking spaces on three levels, 21 car spaces for accesless people, 35 for bicycles and 24 from motorbikes.” Fountain: http://elcomercio.pe/lima/obras/miraflores-desvio-obras-parqueo-subterraneo-desde-hoy-noticia-1850055
- Remodeling of Center of Lima I quote: “Las Alamedas de los Descalzos and de los Bobos, with El Paseo de Aguas, will have a new pedestrian circuit from the Rimac that joint with the Jirón de la Unión to the Parque de la Exposición”.
- You can consult other works in the [web site Route de Lima] (http://rutasdelima.pe/mapa).
Please note that I’m adding information from other cities as accurate as possible and that can take a long time. If there are problems of translation of the original note you can do it in the comments. Cheers!