I haven't had as much time to put into this as I'd like, but the search syntax is much improved and things are generally better behaved than beta 1.
Changes to Maps4Mac:
* New search syntax, including the ability to limit a search to the current view. A full explanation can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/maps4mac/wiki/Maps4MacSearch
* Support for LineString KML geometries, support for loading KMZ files
* Live track display when recording a GPS track.
* More informative error dialogs for searching and loading files.
Changes to OSM2SpatiaLite:
* Support for PBF files
* Fix not importing all amenity and building areas
Maps4Mac ( http://code.google.com/p/maps4mac ) is an on demand offline map browser for MacOS 10.6. It allows you browse and search maps, load gpx or kml file overlays, track your position using GPSd, and generate gps logs.
Comment from snubi on 24 March 2011 at 11:32
Thanks a lot for the great information Your blog provides us, higly apreciated