If you look at Pyongyang at the Taedong River, it is gone on some places, however the tags seem fine (natural=water) also I did a refresh of the tiles.
Can someone have a look at this party disappearing river? And let me know the solution, since also on other places i notices this behavior.
Thanks for helping!
Comment from joakimfors on 20 August 2012 at 10:30
I’m not able to edit right now, but one thing to correct is to make it a multipolygon and add the islands as inner members. I also don’t know why the way has layer=-2. It should also be waterway=riverbank and not natural=water.
Comment from Sanderd17 on 20 August 2012 at 10:56
I think it is there now. I don’t know if someone edited the map, our you just had to wait a while to get it rendered.
Comment from ArjanO on 20 August 2012 at 11:23
Wel natural is water seem to work on other stretches of the river. Yes is seems fixed on some places, but I’m still curious about the right solution, since also on other places I’m experiencing this problem. I had a look at the changes that were made and the only thing that I saw was an added water=river.
Comment from RM87 on 20 August 2012 at 11:23
Fixed it. As mentioned above,
* it had a missing multipolygon (it existed but had only one member).
* layer=-2 on this river needed deleting.
* river itself should be tagged as natural=water + water=river (proper tagging schema that someone have failed to announce well).
* some nearby bridges still have layer tags that have unnormally high values.
* river did not have a centerline marked as waterway=river (I used some parts of admin border for it).
* river polygon was not a closed loop (first and last point were some meters apart from each other).
Comment from RM87 on 20 August 2012 at 11:26
Sorry for the missing formatting (it vanished for some reason).
Comment from joakimfors on 20 August 2012 at 11:34
waterway=riverbank is the correct way to tag large rivers: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:waterway%3Driverbank
Comment from RM87 on 20 August 2012 at 11:36
And sorry for the missing formatting (it did not appear as expected)
Comment from joakimfors on 20 August 2012 at 11:36
… ah, I see that there is a “new” proposal/scheme for natural=water+water=river. Oh well.
Comment from ArjanO on 20 August 2012 at 11:36
@joakimfors and other
Thank you all..
I’ll try the waterway=riverbank from now on.
If there are more suggestion/remarks, please let me know.
And if you have time left, please help to (re)map the big river in North Korea since the redaction robot removed a lot..