The division of the Republic of Djibouti (RDD): Total Area: 23,700 km²
the following text shows how the Territory of RDD is Divised and coded:
• afr_dji_l02_2011 the Republic of Djibouti (RDD);
RDD constitutes the second level administrative unit. Represents The total area of the country is 23,700 km².
• afr_dji_l03_2011 the Regions;
The region constitutes the 3rd level administrative unit. Represents The administrative division of the Prefectures or districts of the Region.
• afr_dji_l04_2011 the Sub-Prefectures:
The Sub-Prefectures constitute the 4th level administrative unit. Represents The administrative division of the Sub Prefectures of the Region.
• afr_dji_l05_2011 the Communes (only in the Regions of Djibouti 5 or the capital city); The 5th level administration subdivision constitutes the Commune.
the Djibouti region is the divided in two part urban and rural:
o The Communes of Djibouti city are urban,
o And the rest of the Region are rural.
• afr_dji_l06_2011 Arrondissement;
The 6th level administration subdivision constitues the Arrondissements.
there are 6 (A1, A2,..,A6).
• afr dji l07 2011 les Quartiers;
The 7th level administration subdivision constitutes the Quarters and it is divided in two part quarter and locality
o The quartiers for Djibouti-ville.
o The locality for the rest of the country