malenki has commented on the following diary entries

Diversification with OSM 1 day ago

Yes, you clarified some things. But I think I won't be the last person who translates iD at transifex and looks there for JOSM without realizing it is just a test setup.

Regarding trac vs github: at least for "mapnik"/ carto you can file bugs at each platform.

Regio OSM Straßenlistenauswertung - Jeder kann mitmachen! 8 days ago

Dass man oft auf ohne Ortskenntnis verbesserbare Fehler stößt möchte ich bezweifeln, genauso wie die Aussage, dass bei Abweichungen meistens die Listendaten korrekt sind.

Bei deinen Beispielen finde ich keines, dass man ohne Ortskenntnis korrigieren könnte. Dass man als OSMapper die Google-Schreibweise nicht übernimmt, dürfte hoffentlich klar sein.

Straßennamen mit Schlössern und Gassen/Gäßchen werden oft mit "ß" geschrieben. Das Benennen einer Straße ist ein Verwaltungsakt, der auch nach fünf Rechtschreibreformen seine Gültigkeit behält. Wenn die Straße vor den fünf Reformen "Schloßstraße" genannt wurde, heißt sie auch nach den fünf Reformen so. Der Straßenname kann nur durch einen neuen Verwaltungsakt geändert werden.

Zu offensichtlichen Tippfehlern: Letztens stolperte ich über eine Bearbeitung, die eine Joseph-Strauß-Straße in eine Joseph-Strauss-Straße änderte. Wer weiß ohne Ortskenntnis und Recherche, dass es neben dem bekannten Franz Joseph Strauß auch einen gibt, der sich ohne Franz und mit "ss" schreibt?

Man sollte niemals einen Namen ändern weil man glaubt dass man weiß, was richtig ist.
Man sollte nur den Name einer Straße anfassen von der man genau weiß, wie sie heißt.

Siehe auch: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/malenki/diary/20282

JOSM 6950 released ! 15 days ago

I forgot: JOSM r6953

java version "1.7.0_51"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.4.5) (7u51-2.4.5-2)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)

JOSM 6950 released ! 15 days ago

As always: thanks for all the work on JOSM! But for remote control at https: neither with Iceweasel 24.4.0 nor Chromium 33.0.1750.152 Debian jessie/sid (256984) the [Edit]-button on osm.org does open the area shown in JOSM. (Yes, I've set JOSM as default editor in my profile).

serrurerie antibes 15 days ago

already reported to https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Spam#Users_spamming

Am I the Only One... 29 days ago

My best so far were seven house numbers in one go. Apart from that I try to memorize the all kinds of new/changed things to map them.

Another reason why there should be some kind of anti-spam protection... about 1 month ago

@ TomH: There is still a list of some hundred quite old spam users at the wiki: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Spam

@ Andi: The link to your diary entry has a 0 too much.

The Mucky Pup about 1 month ago

Regarding "Make it dead easy to use OSM in Websites":

To people who mainly want to link their business on/with a map I recommend http://www.openlinkmap.org/.
When the business mapped contains a phone number, opening hours or a website it shows up on that map (iirc).
Now they just have to click their business, click [HTML-Code] and copy the latter (from the box at the left side) to their website.

Money for OSM about 1 month ago

Thank you for doing so.
I post now and then this kind of small statistics to keep people aware of that kind of income for OSM and hopefully get some more interested.

maxspeed=90;␣90;␣90;␣90;␣50;␣90;␣90;␣90;␣90 about 2 months ago

Please remember that the change in JOSM is quite recent. Before the default behaviour was also combining the tags.
Also it isn't said that every Potlatch user uses the expert mode. :)

I added your keys to the github issue mentioned above. I skipped name, access and cycleway since for the first two could (imo) quite some false positives show up (haven't checked the data about this); cycleway I had already listed.

maxspeed=90;␣90;␣90;␣90;␣50;␣90;␣90;␣90;␣90 about 2 months ago

Thanks for the hint.
I wasn't aware that keepright is on github – the fact isn't mentioned on keepright.at. I mailed the author already but also will open an issue now: https://github.com/keepright/keepright/issues/22

Wishlist: GPX tracks analyzer about 2 months ago

(just for the record)
As I asked a very similar question in April 2010¹ the general statement was:
"What for? Either I have been recording logs on my own and can use logs existing at OSM to average my own tracks - or I wouldn't bother/try to map foreign logs at all."

¹ http://en.it-usenet.org/thread/12243/21278/ (mirror of the ML talk-de where I cannot find my opening post)
It sais:
Is there a tool to search for uploaded GPS traces near which no way has been mapped? Such a thing would be handy – best with links to JOSM/Potlatch to edit.

Chennai Jayanth Acupuncture Clinic about 2 months ago

is reported at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Spam

iD Newbie friendly feature request about 2 months ago

Sounds good for me, too.

OSM Mapping With A Digital Camera? about 2 months ago

In case you have a GPS device you can do photomapping. That is my most often practiced way of collecting data for OSM.

Hallo! 2 months ago

Einiges - sogar bei dir (zumindest zeitlich) altem Hasen. ^^

Hinweis: gehaltvollere Blogbeiträge haben gelegentlich auch gehaltvolle Kommentare zur Folge.

mon voyage 2 months ago

@ RM87: it is

Finally reported it: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Spam

Indonesia Shapefile Boundaries (Province, Regency, and Village) 2 months ago

A link to /mentioning of the data's license would be helpful, to begin with.

Entry into the OpenStreetMap fact and function 2 months ago

Welcome to OSM!
Hopefully you add some of the places you traveled but don't exist in OSM so far. :)

happy mapping
malenki

Bahnhöfe in OpenStreetMap 2 months ago

Zu stillgelegen Bahnhöfen:
Da es keine Bahnhöfe mehr sind, kann man railway=station im Prinzip löschen. Ich ändere es lieber in disused:railway=station.
Wenn man nur disused=yes an das Objekt schreibt, kann das zum Einen mehrdeutig sein (z.B. am Bahnhofsgebäude), zum anderen wird das Tag nirgends ausgewertet. Dementsprechend findet man die so "stillgelegten" Bahnhöfe unerwünschterweise weiterhin in allen Anwendungen.

Das Bahnhofsgebäude kann natürlich weiterhin mit building=train_station gemappt werden.