Vespucci Release 0.9.4 Highlights
This release contains a lot of “under the hood” improvements and some work on making the UI more consistent and easier to use. In particular the following changes have been made
- selectable overlay layer.
- support for multiple simultaneous presets.
- added find action to lookup location with nominatim.
- add per zoom level imagery offsets with support for querying and saving to the imagery offset database or manual entry.
- added support for name suggestions and auto preset setting.
- added goto current GPS location.
- added action to arrange nodes of a closed way in a circle.
- limited support for geo: URIs and JOSM style remote control.
- add action to directly set position of node by entering coordinates.
- major rework of imagery provider configuration, now based on https://github.com/osmlab/editor-imagery-index .
- make https API default.
- major refactoring of projection code.
- lots of bug fixes and stability improvements.
The full change log is available here http://code.google.com/p/osmeditor4android/source/list
We will be updating the documentation to include the new features as soon as possible.
Upgrading from previous Versions
There are a few points that you may want to consider when upgrading from previous versions of Vespucci:
- some of the new features may cause degraded performance on older phones, see http://code.google.com/p/osmeditor4android/wiki/FAQ#Running_Vespucci_on_%22old_and_small%22_devices
- 0.9.4 uses a new configuration file format for imagery as mentioned above. As a consequence the internal identifiers for the background tile providers have changed with the exception of the “standard” mapnik tiles and Bing imagery. If you have extensively used any other sources you will be left with unused tiles using space on your device. You can delete unneeded directories and tiles by navigating to the andnav2/tiles directory on your system (where exactly the directory is located depends on the device and Android version, but it will be in the same place as the vespucci directory) and simply deleting the directories with the exception of BING and MAPNIK.
- some of the defaults for preferences have changed in 0.9.4, your old values will continue to remain the same, however the new defaults seem to make much more sense. See http://code.google.com/p/osmeditor4android/wiki/Tutorial