Skippern has commented on the following diary entries

gpxupload.py 4 months ago

Thanks for feedback

I chose NATO alphabet (phonetic names) to have variables follow admin_level, I started out with human readable variables indicating the name of levels, such as county, municipality, city, etc, but that became messy and confusing.

Code cleanup will sure be a task for next version, including removal of old commented code

To get rid of the redundant code after line 1000 will require a complete rewrite of how rules are handled, which might be a good idea for next version, though I have no immediate plans for that.

I'll probably take a break from Python now, either to get to learn basic understanding of ObjC or C++, or maybe I'll look at something completely different.

Yule Holiday activities 4 months ago

roof:colour, roof:shape and building:colour have mainly been done by another mapper, though as details start to fill in I will do more of these details as well.

Yule Holiday activities 4 months ago

Thanks for the notice, it should be fixed now.

Yule Holiday activities 4 months ago

Oh, he have been much around sniffing already, but yeah he enjoy it. Too bad that I need to hold him back so I can take time writing down my notes as we walk.

100€ for a notifications listings page 5 months ago

@mikelmaron Thanks, I'll look at having a PR ready for 31st.

100€ for a notifications listings page 5 months ago

@mikelmaron I wish to contribute to this, but will only have time and capacity to start looking into the code base AFTER Dec. 15. If it is still open, I'll try to have something submitted by Dec. 31st.

Scaling multilingual name tags with Wikidata 5 months ago

I like the idea of using Wikidata to link different platforms of information, but I miss information about API and development tools to properly make use of it. The problem is obviously not on OpenStreetMap side, but rather on WikiData side. An use example, a tool getting border relations from OSM, and collects the names of the City/State/Country from name:* tags, it could also call a WikiData API for the same reason, and would than be able to get the names from a broader selection, and less prone to miss names due to limited tagging, i.e., several Chinese provinces have no latinised name tags, though this might exist in WikiData.

Votação de tradução highway=unclassified (pt-br) 8 months ago

Mesmo como voces ja fechou o voto, eu jogando o meu, que dar apoio ao "Via Local ou Estrada Vicinal"

Homemade Mapillary Hood Mount 9 months ago

smaprs: That is definitely something to think about when I get a vehicle where I can have the rig permanently mounted. Currently I depend on being able to remove and mount the rig quickly between vehicles. Depending on what will be my permanent vehicle (I am looking into investing in an Nissan Frontier 4x4), different ideas might be more realistic. The long term goal would be to have the rigg a little higher, and maybe all the way to the left-hand side of the hood.

Up-to-date open data imagery - it is available, use it! 9 months ago

Could these, with bounding boxes be added to the imagery index in JOSM and other editors?

Let's map missing turn restrictions in Canada 9 months ago

Tried to edit some street signs in Mapillary, and it seems like the OCR recognition and the sign edit is down temporarily, probably to rework the API and the database. Hope it comes up again soon (it have been down at least since April)

Homemade Mapillary Hood Mount 9 months ago

30BRL is more than double what I paid for my home-brew, and that would require I buy a bicycle mount as well, might do for the future, or I might acquire when I visit Europe. I'll work with my home-brew for now. Besides it was kind of fun thinking out and solving it as well, can't throw that away for something ready from a store ;)

Homemade Mapillary Hood Mount 9 months ago

The cost would be significantly higher, and it would require long delivery time since I most likely would have to order suction cup handles from abroad or specialist retailers. That kind of stuff isn't shelf-ware where I live.

Homemade Mapillary Hood Mount 9 months ago

Warin61: We'll see, if I get any comments from law enforcement I'll remove it in seconds, besides I havn't heard about examples where it have happened here in Brazil as of yet. Not common with dash-cams or other car mounted cams yet.

My christmas gift for the OSM Community - JOSM Keyboard Shortcuts Cheat Sheet 300 DPI over 1 year ago

Great work!

It's too damn high over 1 year ago

True Dat!

New road style for the Default map style - the second version almost 2 years ago

I am not sure if I like it or not, but a face lift was clearly needed. Moving the style in our own direction, not following any particular known rendering is also important, as we should not be the free version of OS or anything like that.

I understand that visibility and usability in densely mapped areas have been of importance, while I generally work in areas with less details. I don't know if there is any significant improvement for this, but will wait for the production server to adopt this before commenting further.

New ScoutSigns release - now with Mapillary power! almost 2 years ago

Excellent news! I was surprised to suddenly see sniffed signs in my area, and the amount of them, appears that all of them are from my Mapillary contributions. Hope this will help improve the map data and community contributions.

Como acompanhar modificações em uma área almost 2 years ago

Pelo que saiba o WhoDidIt mostro se somente fui mudado tags, por observações próprio. So que vez e outro WhoDidIt perdendo changesets, pulando edições.

Também usando os ferramentas do Pascal Neis

Parecendo que o WhoDidIt e com problemas no momento, espero que voltando com força.

Colorindo rodovias almost 2 years ago

Olhando esse stylesheet parecendo differente também

DNIT