Skippern has commented on the following diary entries

Homemade Mapillary Hood Mount about 13 hours ago

smaprs: That is definitely something to think about when I get a vehicle where I can have the rig permanently mounted. Currently I depend on being able to remove and mount the rig quickly between vehicles. Depending on what will be my permanent vehicle (I am looking into investing in an Nissan Frontier 4x4), different ideas might be more realistic. The long term goal would be to have the rigg a little higher, and maybe all the way to the left-hand side of the hood.

Up-to-date open data imagery - it is available, use it! 10 days ago

Could these, with bounding boxes be added to the imagery index in JOSM and other editors?

Let's map missing turn restrictions in Canada 10 days ago

Tried to edit some street signs in Mapillary, and it seems like the OCR recognition and the sign edit is down temporarily, probably to rework the API and the database. Hope it comes up again soon (it have been down at least since April)

Homemade Mapillary Hood Mount 10 days ago

30BRL is more than double what I paid for my home-brew, and that would require I buy a bicycle mount as well, might do for the future, or I might acquire when I visit Europe. I'll work with my home-brew for now. Besides it was kind of fun thinking out and solving it as well, can't throw that away for something ready from a store ;)

Homemade Mapillary Hood Mount 10 days ago

The cost would be significantly higher, and it would require long delivery time since I most likely would have to order suction cup handles from abroad or specialist retailers. That kind of stuff isn't shelf-ware where I live.

Homemade Mapillary Hood Mount 10 days ago

Warin61: We'll see, if I get any comments from law enforcement I'll remove it in seconds, besides I havn't heard about examples where it have happened here in Brazil as of yet. Not common with dash-cams or other car mounted cams yet.

My christmas gift for the OSM Community - JOSM Keyboard Shortcuts Cheat Sheet 300 DPI 7 months ago

Great work!

It's too damn high about 1 year ago

True Dat!

New road style for the Default map style - the second version about 1 year ago

I am not sure if I like it or not, but a face lift was clearly needed. Moving the style in our own direction, not following any particular known rendering is also important, as we should not be the free version of OS or anything like that.

I understand that visibility and usability in densely mapped areas have been of importance, while I generally work in areas with less details. I don't know if there is any significant improvement for this, but will wait for the production server to adopt this before commenting further.

New ScoutSigns release - now with Mapillary power! about 1 year ago

Excellent news! I was surprised to suddenly see sniffed signs in my area, and the amount of them, appears that all of them are from my Mapillary contributions. Hope this will help improve the map data and community contributions.

Como acompanhar modificações em uma área about 1 year ago

Pelo que saiba o WhoDidIt mostro se somente fui mudado tags, por observações próprio. So que vez e outro WhoDidIt perdendo changesets, pulando edições.

Também usando os ferramentas do Pascal Neis

Parecendo que o WhoDidIt e com problemas no momento, espero que voltando com força.

Colorindo rodovias about 1 year ago

Olhando esse stylesheet parecendo differente também

DNIT

Colorindo mapas about 1 year ago

Como falhei no IRC quam e responsavel acertar os buracos no ES, ne?

@JP E fácil aprender isso, talvez os exemplos aqui um pouco avançados mas o MapCSS não e muito complicado aprender

Top OSM Rank: Who are these crazy, amazing people? about 1 year ago

I don't know if I should be proud or embarrassed getting on the list.....

Which camera for capturing 'Street View'? over 1 year ago

Just got my VIRB Elite a few days ago, and are trying to upload with the video upload on Mapillary, but either there is some form of size restrictions I cannot figure out, or my internet connection isn't good enough. I am therefor looking for a good way of transforming the videos to georeferenced photos I can upload with the upload_with_authentication.py

30000000 over 1 year ago

I wager we have the 35th million changeset by October 2015

Brasil espelha o Google Maps over 1 year ago

Voce pode ser um formiga, mas somos um armada de formigas, nenhuma empresa tem condições pagar para observações na rua dos 2.000.000 contribuintes do OSM, mas nosso pagamento e nosso mapa

Terminal e linha para definir Pipe over 1 year ago

Um bom ferramento para imagens georeferenciadas e o Mapillary, voce pode instalar um aplicativo no seu smartphone e cadastrar no site mapillary.com, o iD ja tem este como um camada, e outros editores também to em processo a adiciona-lo

Mapa interativo com Mapbox over 1 year ago

Legal projeto, espera que podemos adicionar mais camadas no futuro

Procura-se ajuda para fazer o OpenStreetMap em português over 1 year ago

Como diz no IRC, pode lidera um grupo de mapeamento náutica, e pode participar ajudar um grupo do rodovias federais