4004 has commented on the following diary entries

Mapping curves about 1 month ago

Not sure if I misunderstood, but didn’t iD offer similar functionality when holding the Shift key? Granted, it’s another key to press

Observe — photos, traces, way geometry editing and more! about 1 year ago

While I see how you’d want to offer same functionality as Mapillary (as some people are uneasy with Facebook owning them), I’d agree with Ilya on the editing bit. One thing I avoid when mapping in the field is bothering myself with geometries. Only ways I could see it working is either points for buildings or rough outlines, converted into shapes with post editing at home/AI. There are 2 polar opposites in Mobile osm editing - StreetComplete/OSM Competionist and Go Map/Vespucci. Between them, there are/were many apps. Where do you plan to fit in with Observe?

A quick reflection on my Mapillary contributions this year over 1 year ago

If hero 5 had 1sec timelapse, hero 2018 flashed would have it too. I think I used 1sec on mine

A quick reflection on my Mapillary contributions this year over 1 year ago

Another good action cam option is the Hero 2018, a Hero 5 with downgraded firmware that can be easily restored, and used to retail for much less than hero 5. Unless you want some sort of compass, then GoPro isn’t your option

Vacation mapping almost 2 years ago

Pen and paper field notes, impressive

Updates to DigitalGlobe imagery layers about 2 years ago

Thanks for the very welcome updates Kevin! One day I’ll hopefully start actually purchasing small areas of your imagery, but will enjoy it in osm for now

Intel Folsom's Mapathon with the Gold Country Red Cross about 2 years ago

Impressive, well done!

The Maps Team at Facebook is excited to announce RapiD Editor Partner Testing about 2 years ago

This looks really nice, some ai assisted mapping workflow is well overdue especially for undermapped areas. Do you consider imagery offsets?

Problems with level over 2 years ago

One of the most annoying things about free for all that is wiki documentation, made even worse when I switch from mapping in one country to another where 70% put a different spin on the level tag “because it doesn’t make sense”. I think the community would benefit immensely if the wiki was cleaned up and clear cut

Go Map!! Update and source code availability almost 3 years ago

This app just keeps getting better

Alternative Routes about 3 years ago

Candidate set size seems like something people might want to tweak (especially if they consider themselves to be better than the router). Great work!

When OpenStreetMap met Mapbox-GL : 🍚IDLY-GL about 3 years ago

Something that should’ve been done some time ago, a very neat idea

OpenStreetMap Carto release v4.10.0 over 3 years ago

Good release, office tagging was long overdue. There really should be a “mark as spam” button here

Welcome to OpenStreetMap! over 3 years ago

Quite relevant now when we actually get some consumer uptake of osm and new mappers coming in (maps.me et al). That being said, pointing out errors and established rules is needed

OSMCha News - February/2018 over 3 years ago

just keeps getting better

OSMCha News - January/2018 over 3 years ago

Thanks for the update! I love using osmcha to catch up on edits in a particular area, although sometimes it doesn’t pull all of them in. Change set comments are a step in the right direction, localization of those would help

I broke my streak over 3 years ago

Lost my streak after a long day and Telegram’s failure, but I certainly wasn’t as close to the next level as you were. Thanks again for OSMStreak