philippec has commented on the following diary entries

Augmented Editor – OSM-Daten vor Ort und in Echtzeit bearbeiten 21 days ago

That must be a joke because there is no real link to the project. Anyway, it is a good joke and I appreciate it. It might become true.

Better than the usual "Google is taking over .."

Building an inclusive map - OSM and gender discussion about 1 month ago

Alexkemp has a point. Nowadays only the retired dare tell their thoughts.

Iron Acton about 1 month ago

Good of you to consider the locals.

Building an inclusive map - OSM and gender discussion about 2 months ago

When there is one woman at a serious science gathering the male men flock around her to help. When there are two women, these women book a room to discuss gender equality.

Bad Weather = Bad Imagery about 2 months ago

For those without the bookmarklet = https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=37.29109848387289&lng=62.3577557132229&z=17&pKey=JEJKujZSQONSmAA5o2cmzg&focus=photo

Do not exagerate. Those pictures are not too bad and are very appreciated.

highway=milestone vs mapillary vs richtiges tagging 4 months ago

If you map the milestones in Flanders, please map only the new green ones. I am filipc on mapillary.

highway=milestone vs mapillary vs richtiges tagging 4 months ago

Yes, but the milestones are supposed to be precise and serve as a reference for other objects. That is why am I waiting for an import of open data.

highway=milestone vs mapillary vs richtiges tagging 4 months ago

precision, accuracy, uncertainty = How many centimeters, meters your lat,lon on OSM could be distant from the real position.

highway=milestone vs mapillary vs richtiges tagging 4 months ago

Schön. Ich habe eine eigene Meinung aber ich bin nicht klug genug om zu wissen dasz es die richtige ist.
Deine mapillary key value ist nur in Overpass brauchbar.

Später kann die prezision immer verbessert werden. Aber eine prezision tag gibt es nicht.

highway=milestone vs mapillary vs richtiges tagging 4 months ago

Aber wie viele sind in Mapillary gut zu lesen ? Ich versuche es in Flandern richtig zu tun. https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=51.200079610555576&lng=3.0191290005554947&z=17&dateFrom=2017-12-01&pKey=rAMcbMUTJirChgC9BKUdXw&focus=photo&x=0.4890106037475797&y=0.46722625071017776&zoom=0

Milestones mussen nicht in OSM handmäszig eingeführt werden, Sie sollen genau importiert werden. Sie sind grundsetzlich gut om andere Sachen mit Prezision zu mappen.

OpenStreetMap Notes: some interesting stats 4 months ago

As long as notes are not categorized according to cause or task, discussion is difficult e.g. - How do I tag that ? - Can someone take a picture or have a look ? - I'll have a look one day, but someone may do it before me. - Someone should place that on the map. ... - It was dark I could not see a thing.

I often resolve my notes just to clean up. That does not mean that they were on my todo list.

I broke my streak 4 months ago

I have an idea for a task : In a well mapillarized area, look for stairs without an incline and add that tag. That tag value does not change overnight.

I broke my streak 4 months ago

I had a quick look and immediately I saw something I don't like =

title: Improve a Coastline emoji: 🌊 description: >- Many coastlines were imported long time ago from a digitized low-resolution satellite imagery. You can definitely help improving it in some places. Add at least 10 nodes to a coastline. test: modified_way: "natural=coastline" added_10_nodes: ""

Please stay away from the Flemish coast. I once though I improved a pier, but these are well mapped in a map which we can use as a background.

So stay away from well mapped places with well educated locals.

Announcing my candidacy for OSMF Board Elections 2017 5 months ago

I would like to represent myself.

A year of edits with OSM Streak 5 months ago

That was also a trick to make us go to church every day.

Seeking your support for OSMF Board Membership 5 months ago

I usually vote with my feet. A foreigner came for one afternoon in the city where I solve the notes. He mapped a bit and left 50 notes of presumable shops he could not distinquish in the dark. The community did not act on this matter. Some people know of a problem and leave notes all over the country and forget about them. They do not even help to solve them. That is why I did quit the notes business. Please have a look in my profile at the notes I created.
That is what notes should be. Notes are so valuable that they should me a prime preoccupation of the board. Maybe a notes management system would help.

Position statement for the December 2017 board election 5 months ago

The place for questions seems to be = https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM17/Election_to_Board

Announcing my candidacy for OSMF Board Elections 2017 5 months ago

Aharvay asked some high level questions. In contrast to the other candidates, do you already answer practical, day to day questions ?

Position statement for the December 2017 board election 5 months ago

What are your ideas about relieving our day to day headaches such as - Vandalism, maverick mapping - The jungle of notes. ?

Seeking your support for OSMF Board Membership 5 months ago