OpenStreetMap

Skippern has commented on the following diary entries

Post When Comment
Mapillary and cylceway tagging question 8 months ago

Something like this?

Mapillary and cylceway tagging question 8 months ago

I knew it would be complex, I will try to add a few of these in the nezt couple of days and link the way ovjects here in the comment.

I don't know if the current Mapillary is detailed enough to tag everything, but at least include a few more details

Mapillary | Ahmedabad - Rajkot Highway | NH47 8 months ago

I should get photos of how I secure my iPhone for taking Mapillary, anyway at the moment I am able to gather photos much quicker than I am able to upload them to Mapillary, even with my adapted command while [ 'ls iPhone/*jpg|wc -l' -gt 0 ]; do python upload.py iPhone; done which constantly pushes the photo sequences from my computer as long as the internet connection is good enough to upload something. Problem is that X-Mas/New Year weekends are the busiest holidays in my tourist-town and our infrastructure isn't able to cope with the number of visitors :(

Mapazonia 8 months ago

Legal, to preparando processar dados do DHN do Rio Tocantins, acho este e fora dos areas ja definidas, mas pode ser um pequena ajuda. Espera que pode processar e mandar os dados ate fim do Janeiro/2015

Edições na Area de Morro da Conceição e Saude , RJ 8 months ago

Voce pode me dar um link para onde, me interessa muito para infraestrutura portuária e marítimo. Talvez eu pode atualizar meus camadas e adicionar ainda mais informação?

Treino 9 months ago

That was partly my point with the comment, the user is always able to break the law and assess his passage on his own risk, the routing should assist people not familiar on the place to arrive safelu and quickly on their destination.

Routing tests and Uruguay 9 months ago

At least I noticed that from 30-10-2014 to 03-12-2014 some critical routing errors around Belo Horizonte have been fixed, though it seems like we have a few other instead. Route testing like I do is a very useful addition to #osmose and other QA tools, but often might require on the ground checking.

Notes would work great if only people learn to give enough information. I have seen many notes of type "There is an error here", that doesn't help much, not even if you go to the place to fix it. How would you know if you have fixed what he saw?

Also bugs from #osmose and notes are easy to trace to a location and see if you can do something with. Routing bugs, specially on long routes is harder to find because the detour might completely avoid the problematic area.

Treino 9 months ago

Looking at the design of the roads I doubt it is any link between the eastbound primary and the tertiary since both eastbound and westbound primary are high speed multilane highways. If your desire is to get from the eastbound to the tertiary than you would probably need to continue to the next return, and coming from the tertiary to the eastbound you would probably need to follow westbound to another return. Of corse there might be signs on the place allowing for a direct connection but that must be surveyed properly before entering.

Remember that OSM routing should be legally correct so even if it is costume to cross directly but signs on the locale indicates this is prohibited or unlawful, our tagging should follow the legal routing to avoid louring a traveler doing something criminal.

Tentar fazer certo da primeira vez 9 months ago

As imagens Bing ou MapBox pode ha um puqueno dislocacao no local, sempre verifique com GPS antes corrigir obras do outros (se não ha traços no local, verifice-se se tem no banco dados do OSM)

Mapeando novos locais sem imagem de satélite ou outros mapas 9 months ago

Rodando a rotatoria como um louco, gostei a idea :D

Uso para software pago 10 months ago

@Sandoval: Depende como voce quer usar, se e slippymap/map tiles ver os condições do cada fornecedor do slippymap.

Em geral voce preciso mostrar para os usuários que eles usando dados OpenStreetMap e o copyright ODBL. Geralmente e mais fácil usar mapas tipo raster, que mapas tipo vetor.

Eu nao intendo os partes judiciais muito bom, melhor perguntar nas listas talk@openstreetmap.org ou legal@openstreetmap.org (ambos em inglês).

Meu projeto atual: Santo Antônio do Descoberto-GO (RIDE) 11 months ago

@Ivaldo: Este que voce tentar fazer e bem complicado, e é muito fácil criar erros.

Voce deve estudar uso do tag boundary=administrative (com admin_level=10 para denomear bairros)

Para quadras pode tenta olhar como fui feito no Brasília, onde este sistema e implementada.

Os tags landuse= sao usados nos polígonos e multipoligonos, e dar um bom visual na mapa, para auxiliar mostrar onde ha residenciais, industria, comercio entre outros.

Qualquer duvida pode perguntar no nosso canal IRC (irc.oftc.net/#osm-br), o forum, ou no mailing-list talk-br@openstreetmap.org

Como usar a camada de ruas do IBGE 11 months ago

Realmente no JOSM não preciso adicionar camada TMS manualmente, existe na lista com o nome "IBGE Setor Urbano", também temos o camada "IBGE Setor Rural" na mesma lista.

Distritos (admin_level=9) no Mato Grosso do Sul 11 months ago

Voce ja tem um plano progressar este no todos estados?

Ajudando a fazer um OSM melhor. 12 months ago

Bem vindo ao OSM, se voce tem perguntas ou duvidas, entre em contato com a gente no forum.openstreetmap.org, no canal IRC #osm-br ou no nosso mailing list talk-br@openstreetmap.org (cadastre-se).

Bom ver algumas do AP, e um região que não ha muito mapeado, parcialmente como voce diz por falta de imagens atualizada, mas também porque a floresta densa fas rastreamento difícil.

Nos temos muitos ferramentas para te ajuda em melhorar nosso mapa, qualquer coisa, bem vindo.

No joy this weekend 12 months ago

@Gerald

Much of the data in your area was imported by lmpinto back when GeoMinas confirmed their data in license compatible with OSM License, I think there have been a few other heavy contributors as well, but as far as I know, most of these have not been much active since 2010. There are few users from the first years that still contribute to the project, apart from me I think Claudiomiro (first registered Brazilian), vitorgeorge, Nighto and umehling is of the oldest contributors still active.

And yes, monitoring such large areas occupy much time, correcting errors and damages from new and inexperienced users are difficult and take up much time. And there are things that can be done without much compromising the current status. What I would like to see is a much stronger system to force changeset comments, as this would help me in how much time I need to check each individual changeset, further I would like that new users get a friendly community welcome message, for users contributing first time in Brazil this should be in Portuguese, presenting our mailing list, forum link, WikiProject Brazil page, and irc channel among other useful information, so that the new users are presented with where he or she can ask for help if they are in doubt, among other.

Myself I am monitoring the state of Espirito Santo, which is quite a large area, and just as my work severely limited the time I have available for OSM, I got a new user doing (until now) about 80 small changesets. As far as I can tell, nothing harmful, but it have taken close to all the time I have had available for OSM since thursday.

Testing of GPS, gathering tracks, new car, new job, etc 12 months ago

@tomio

Conheco, mas como o cocard falta Mac BaseCamp instalador, vou depender manutenção das mapas manualmente. O garmin.openstritmap.nl disponebilizar arquivo em formato BaseCamp .gmap que significa um gerenciamento muito mais fácil.

Diary entry removed 12 months ago

@Gerard The NTE users I believe are different branches of a company network, than the hotel, those are not likely to make more edits. "Just Testing" seems quite suspicious, but not likely to do any more edits. The users with a high number of edits is the "dangerous" ones. A new user making dusins, or even hundreds of edits in a short time, specially as a beginner, smells trouble. Unfortienately my experience is that these are not likely to answer any attempts of communication either.

For us monitoring areas, it would have been much help if people learned to comment on their change sets, any change set without any comments need to be examined very thoroughly, while a change set with a descent comment can be more superficially examined. (Also new users need to be watched more carefully, and also users editing "outside" their normal area).

We can no longer go on like this 12 months ago

@keithonearth As an area mentor would be notified of new users editing in his area, it would be up to the mentor if he would do a "human greeting", I would surely give a quick greeting to any new contributors in an area I monitor, presenting myself and what I do in terms of monitoring.

A generic message would be sent at the moment first change set is closed, a human greeting might be sent somewhat later as it requires human interaction.

Giving the new user an idea about where to get in contact with the rest of the community at an early stage I think is a good way for him to be incorporated in the community. I would like to see the 10-20 active users in Brazil grow to 10-20 active for each state, and maybe also the same number for the greater metropolitan areas. If we can manage that during the rest of this year and the next, than I will feel the burden much more shared.

We can no longer go on like this 12 months ago

@keithonearth As an area mentor would be notified of new users editing in his area, it would be up to the mentor if he would do a "human greeting", I would surely give a quick greeting to any new contributors in an area I monitor, presenting myself and what I do in terms of monitoring.

A generic message would be sent at the moment first change set is closed, a human greeting might be sent somewhat later as it requires human interaction.

Giving the new user an idea about where to get in contact with the rest of the community at an early stage I think is a good way for him to be incorporated in the community. I would like to see the 10-20 active users in Brazil grow to 10-20 active for each state, and maybe also the same number for the greater metropolitan areas. If we can manage that during the rest of this year and the next, than I will feel the burden much more shared.