JBacc1 has commented on the following diary entries

Being a newbie 5 days ago

And still the same question… Is it better that the newbie does not know he breaks things when saving (and is not afraid of going on), or that he gets some warning message saying, hey, check this, it looks strange. My opinion is clear-cut, but it is thought that iD « must not scare newcomers ».

That's why I love JOSM, even for the first time they edit! And that I use it in carto-parties.

5 mois d’ #OpenBeerMap en chiffres 20 days ago

À ce jour, plus de 1500 bars ont été cartographiés, dans le monde entier, grâce au site Openbeermap, à l’appli et au travail des contributeurs OpenStreetMap.

1500 bars par OBM ? Parce que sur OSM, on trouverait plutôt 7700 bars en France et 69000 dans le monde…

The trouble with the ODbL - summarized 29 days ago

At least, they dared write that: « The White Paper was funded in part by MapBox. » (http://spatiallaw.blogspot.fr/2014/10/the-odbl-and-openstreetmap-analysis-and.html)

But I wouldn't want to imply that the money-giver pointed to some directions.

The Notes feature, please read first before making a note 4 months ago

I would like it that way… but not everyone seems to agree with most of it. And for: "However, I do agree there are a lot of useless notes out there", my question would be: "yes, what do we do with them? Let them grow old and dusty.

Translate OpenBeerMap in your language ! 5 months ago

"Why do you convert nodes to ways ? We tend to do the opposite and convert the ways tagged bar to nodes." Who does? Carefully, in some cases, it may be considered as vandalism (loosing geometry information).

"English people seems to love to be in contradiction with the French ones !" Why not write the opposite? "French people seems to love to be in contradiction with the English ones !" also works!

PS: yes, I'm a french guy, but sometimes, I read things that seem to lack some global vision.

Visualizing Notes added to OpenStreetMap through Craigslist 6 months ago

Nice. But you omitted to say how you got the raw notes list to work with… I would be curious to find out! JB.

JOSM 7182 released (first Java 7 version) 6 months ago

Move Node onto Way! Good, we have hoped for it to happen! Is there a way to affect a shortcut to the action? I couldn't find it in the prefences/keyboard shortcuts. Thanks for making JOSM such a powerful tool.

@osmthis: good idea. Now in practise. 6 months ago

I'm rather doubtful about that… Why send it to twitter rather than keeping them locally and opening them with JOSM, getting more info that way? Besides, quoting the wiki (a part that I strongly agree with): Don't use it to put your personal notes here.

Quelques réflexions autour des Notes 8 months ago

Euh, tu en as 4 pages, j'en ai 441. Comment tu peux chercher là-dedans ? Il manque au moins un affichage sur carte, et probablement aussi un tri ouvert/fermé ! Après, en France, on est une grosse dizaine à avoir plus de 100 notes à notre actif.

OpenStreetMap Isn't All That Open, Let's Change That and Drop Share-Alike 8 months ago

Well written, much referenced, long response.

Rubbing everybody the right way. Turning low-valued arguments. Minimizing the impact of the counter-arguments. Leaving out others. Giving other global affirmations with little justification.

But nevertheless, I disagree. English not being my mother tongue, I would be unable to argument so beautifully. But still, I disagree on both the initial proposal and the way of sweet-turning us into it.

For more argumented answers, they have already began, for example there

Ajouter des adresses avec JOSM 9 months ago

Tiens, tant qu'on en parle, Je trouve contre-intuitif que le numéro de maison s'efface lorsqu'on sélectionne la rue, alors que le champ rue est en dessous du champ numéro (donc plutôt à renseigner après…). Pieren, si ça te parle, tu pourrais résoudre d'une manière ou de l'autre ?

Notes from anonymous users about 1 year ago

Harry Wood:

Coming back to improving the notes system: Several people are asking for the addition of an additional field to the note system, something like « survey needed/armchair resolution/heavy duty work » for filtering (today I'm going there, is there any note that needs a survey/I have a few minutes, are there armchair resolvable notes somewhere).

You can find info and encourage there: https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/486

This issue has been discussed several time with different people, conclusions of this kind seems to always be raised.

New Offline Render about 1 year ago

Have you googled around a bit? I was searching for such symbols some time ago, and found several sets in public domain or under a CC0-licence. Anyway, the result seems promising. Any idea on the amount of osm data it will be able to digest in one batch?

Relation "associatedStreet" ou tag "addr:street" sur chaque adresse ? about 1 year ago

Argh, sans commentaire pour la relation street… (la version anglaise serait pas une proposition, des fois ? Elle n'en a pas la forme mais est décrite comme telle, et cela pourrait être mis en avant sur la version française…).

Non, surtout merci pour ces stats. L'intégration d'Opendata sous la forme de relation est surement pour beaucoup dans ces résultats.

Et la dernière division non présentée (mais hors sujet) : 6.3% des adresses sont françaises !

Quelques réflexions autour des notes about 1 year ago

Pieren, tu abordes quelques points que j'avais laissé de côté, mais je te cite : « Ce qui sort de cette intention doit être éliminé : les notes personnelles, les commentaires trop vagues ou trop généralistes ». Je suis bien d'accord, mais ce n'est pas (forcément) l'avis de tous. Je ne sais pas si tu as déjà eu affaire à une note clôturée honorablement, rouverte, parfois avec un commentaire cinglant. Ça met un coup de froid, et on hésite un peu plus à clôturer des notes non-anonymes (ou non-ajoutées par des personnes sans/avec peu de groupes de modification).

Sur le point des notes avec visite sur place nécessaire, je ne les clôture pas pour l'instant. Pourtant, quand tu regardes ce qu'est devenu OSB, ce sont bien ces notes-là qui rendent la base inutilisable.

Je vois que Vincent a aussi mis sont grain de sel sur Github. Malheureusement, je ne sais pas si suffira pour bouger de ce côté-là.

10 Mappingtipps für Fortgeschrittene about 1 year ago

A pity mein Deutsch ist so alt… If someone had the courage to translate in English (or French), I could appreciate what I couldn't understand here…

OpenStreetMap au quotidien over 1 year ago

Pas trop vilain. Par contre, je pense que je vais leur faire remonter que, sauf erreur de ma part, la licence des tuiles utilisées (CC-nc-nd… sans commentaire…) n'est pas indiquée dans le PDF produit.

Template LibreOffice over 1 year ago

:-) c'était la suite éventuelle… C'est bien de créditer tout le monde (et même nécessaire, pour du CC-by)…

Template LibreOffice over 1 year ago

Une petite question, quelle est l'origine du rendu en fond ? Un travail à toi ou récupéré quelque part ? JB.

Le réseau TAG, c'est fini :'( over 1 year ago

Salut Virgile, Chouette boulot. Et content que tu sois passé à JOSM, je continue à me demander comment tu faisais ça sous P2… Tu sais si c'est à jour dans 3Liz transport ? JB.