philippec has commented on the following diary entries

Gear for MTB mapping about 1 month ago

My country is so ugly that there is always a pub at walking distance. And I ride an electric bike.

I use tyres that cannot be punctured. I have some spare duct tape around a bicycle duct. I carry a Leatherman.

I use Osmand with the current track and the Mapillary sequences shown. I take 2 pictures a second with my actioncam, attached with RAM mounts.

Dual freq GPS and map alignment 3 months ago

OK, they are not normal people, but the blind might be interested. Google Developer Documentation thinks that great things are going to happen the next years. Also by using the raw GNSS data and the new WIFI.

We should not miss the boat.

So all my drinking water fountains will have to be revisited. The discussion will be what to map. The faucet or the button ? The UNO will have to intervene.

I am practicing on geodetic points. Does anyone know how to enter the Belgian Lambert Coordinates in JOSM ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stgrdev.gpssatellitesviewer does not have the Lambert 2008 CRS.

The state of drinking fountains in Vancouver, BC 3 months ago

I don't see a reason. An amenity is a "nutsvoorziening" in dutch. I have ten man_made=water_tap in my house. "man_made" is always a bad tag key in my view as it is that or "natural".

For the few wells that are not covered by "amenity", you could specify that their water is drinkable. Well, even a the one well in my region becomes an amenity as the quality of water is controlled.

But all we are interested is is in free drinking water.

The state of drinking fountains in Vancouver, BC 3 months ago

The only solution is to use the Mapillary tag, as I did in Brussels and even in the whole of Flanders.

a 3 months ago

Good luck with it.

`new-note` mode in iD 3 months ago

But why do you think that the city recently removed those buildings ?

Cycling And Tracking in Warm Weather 3 months ago

It is amazing how neglected drinking water fountains are by mappers.

`new-note` mode in iD 3 months ago

We all know whose and what notes suck. The best filter is a permanent exclusive one.

Notes in iD have arrived 3 months ago

Very nice, with my excellent notes certainly.

A Quarter of a Million Images of Turkmenistan 4 months ago

By the way, ask for Belgium.

A Quarter of a Million Images of Turkmenistan 4 months ago

I plan to move back into my heimat. That is one of the reasons that I picture my current region in a frenzy way.

Update NEW map imagery [necessary] 4 months ago

There is something to learn. Why do you ask ?

Update NEW map imagery [necessary] 4 months ago

The Southern Cross of the Russian Empire, and A Neat Trick with Mapillary GPX FIles 4 months ago

If you are into GPS, I even have more for you to learn.

Why don't you log with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.geopp.rinexlogger

and postprocess into a gpx file ?

With my Samsung S9, the rinexlogger works in the background.

And no Strava there, I suppose ?

To be more accurate = Mapillary makes a folder for each sequence. In that folder there are the jpg files of 1 sequence and one gpx file.

adjusting the map to the satellite background 5 months ago

Is that not dangerous ? Is it not for the people who know what they are doing ?

Updates to Dashoguz and the Road North from Ashgabat 5 months ago

There is something wrong with the date filter in Mapillary. Could you give the link ?

OpenStreetCam sign detection code and training data open sourced 5 months ago

I wait for a better smartphone to contribute.

Notes, notes, and more notes 5 months ago

I have an idea that can satisfy everybody and it is without categories = Let the individual mapper follow/unfollow notes. The unfollowed notes would normally become invisible to that mapper.

Harder = Or let people vote for notes : love/hate or like/dislike or worthy/silly