philippec has commented on the following diary entries

highway=milestone vs mapillary vs richtiges tagging 17 days ago

If you map the milestones in Flanders, please map only the new green ones. I am filipc on mapillary.

highway=milestone vs mapillary vs richtiges tagging 17 days ago

Yes, but the milestones are supposed to be precise and serve as a reference for other objects. That is why am I waiting for an import of open data.

highway=milestone vs mapillary vs richtiges tagging 17 days ago

precision, accuracy, uncertainty = How many centimeters, meters your lat,lon on OSM could be distant from the real position.

highway=milestone vs mapillary vs richtiges tagging 17 days ago

Schön. Ich habe eine eigene Meinung aber ich bin nicht klug genug om zu wissen dasz es die richtige ist.
Deine mapillary key value ist nur in Overpass brauchbar.

Später kann die prezision immer verbessert werden. Aber eine prezision tag gibt es nicht.

highway=milestone vs mapillary vs richtiges tagging 17 days ago

Aber wie viele sind in Mapillary gut zu lesen ? Ich versuche es in Flandern richtig zu tun. https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=51.200079610555576&lng=3.0191290005554947&z=17&dateFrom=2017-12-01&pKey=rAMcbMUTJirChgC9BKUdXw&focus=photo&x=0.4890106037475797&y=0.46722625071017776&zoom=0

Milestones mussen nicht in OSM handmäszig eingeführt werden, Sie sollen genau importiert werden. Sie sind grundsetzlich gut om andere Sachen mit Prezision zu mappen.

OpenStreetMap Notes: some interesting stats 20 days ago

As long as notes are not categorized according to cause or task, discussion is difficult e.g. - How do I tag that ? - Can someone take a picture or have a look ? - I'll have a look one day, but someone may do it before me. - Someone should place that on the map. ... - It was dark I could not see a thing.

I often resolve my notes just to clean up. That does not mean that they were on my todo list.

I broke my streak about 1 month ago

I have an idea for a task : In a well mapillarized area, look for stairs without an incline and add that tag. That tag value does not change overnight.

I broke my streak about 1 month ago

I had a quick look and immediately I saw something I don't like =

title: Improve a Coastline emoji: 🌊 description: >- Many coastlines were imported long time ago from a digitized low-resolution satellite imagery. You can definitely help improving it in some places. Add at least 10 nodes to a coastline. test: modified_way: "natural=coastline" added_10_nodes: ""

Please stay away from the Flemish coast. I once though I improved a pier, but these are well mapped in a map which we can use as a background.

So stay away from well mapped places with well educated locals.

Announcing my candidacy for OSMF Board Elections 2017 about 2 months ago

I would like to represent myself.

A year of edits with OSM Streak about 2 months ago

That was also a trick to make us go to church every day.

Seeking your support for OSMF Board Membership about 2 months ago

I usually vote with my feet. A foreigner came for one afternoon in the city where I solve the notes. He mapped a bit and left 50 notes of presumable shops he could not distinquish in the dark. The community did not act on this matter. Some people know of a problem and leave notes all over the country and forget about them. They do not even help to solve them. That is why I did quit the notes business. Please have a look in my profile at the notes I created.
That is what notes should be. Notes are so valuable that they should me a prime preoccupation of the board. Maybe a notes management system would help.

Position statement for the December 2017 board election about 2 months ago

The place for questions seems to be = https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM17/Election_to_Board

Announcing my candidacy for OSMF Board Elections 2017 about 2 months ago

Aharvay asked some high level questions. In contrast to the other candidates, do you already answer practical, day to day questions ?

Position statement for the December 2017 board election 2 months ago

What are your ideas about relieving our day to day headaches such as - Vandalism, maverick mapping - The jungle of notes. ?

Seeking your support for OSMF Board Membership 2 months ago

The joy and sadness of open data 2 months ago

My fellow mappers, ask not what other mappers can do for you, ask what you can do for others.

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/johnfkenn109213.html

Donderdag 9 november 2 months ago

I heard about it at SOTMUS 2 years ago. Someone was using kites and a math library.

Donderdag 9 november 2 months ago

This sounds very interesting. But you have no previous diary entries. What are those models about ?

The joy and sadness of open data 2 months ago

Some people make notes in the place they live in which they are capable to solve and do not solve them. That is how far we have come. Some people make notes in the dark in cities they never revisit.

And all that is accepted and seen as normal, at least not severely contested.

What is this all about? 2 months ago

I do not understand that there were no comments on your previous entry. I thought more knowledgeable people than me would answer. I gave the oAuth authorisation many times, I do not recall all at this moment. But using notes and so on in Osmand requires it. There is nothing wrong with it, I think.