Mapper since: February 25, 2014
Hi I’m Daniel, an active contributor to OpenStreetMap in the Tri-State region. I live in Valley Stream, NY in the Town of Hempstead. I am currently involved in mapping New York’s bus stops and building footprints in Nassau County. I use cycling as my preferred mode of transportation and sometimes try to photo map my routes with Mapillary. The bulk of my contributions come from the mobile app OSMAnd and I am interested in adding addresses in Nassau County.
My Current Mapping Initiatives
OSM Tags with no specific location
New York City
- Field mapping with Field Papers
- Pedestrian Routing and Accessibility in New York City
- Points of Interest
Nassau County, Long Island
You should reach out if you:
- Are mapping Queens and/or Nassau counties and want to collaborate on a project
- Want Nassau County buildings/addresses to be on OpenStreetMap and would like to hash out a campaign push to Nassau County government
- Organize a Field Papers mapping event in a NYC/Long Island neighborhood with poor OpenStreetMap coverage
- Want to say hi!