- Mapper since:
- February 08, 2015
Hyperactive OSM contributor. I live in Brussels and I am happy to be part of our great OpenStreetMap BE community.
My typical contributions on the map (as of July 2022):
- Public transport in Brussels: all metro and pre-metro stations are on the map, with entrances, platforms and stairs and current work is about improving routing inside stations or adding even more details; STIB/MIVB network is complete, so is the Waterbus; S-Train, De Lijn and TEC networks inside Brussels are being worked on: basically, everything is there but some stop locations or names are outdated and railway station structures are very basic.
- Villo! bicycle-sharing network: the whole network is there.
- Hunting for tagging mistakes: I monitor recent changes on the map and warn fellow mappers of possible mistakes. Offering help too.
- Dealing with notes, improving shape of streets where reliable high-quality aerial imagery is available (that includes pedestrian crossings, traffic signals and more), and adding recently-erected buildings.
- Mapping footways and cycleways in areas I am familiar with. Occasionally, shops, amenities, parks and more.
I maintain a handbook aimed at new contributors.
I take great care in respecting standards and not breaking things, please inform me if I messed something up, that can happen.
I am active on the OpenStreetMap BE Matrix channel. My MXID is @bxl-forever:multimob.be
Follow me: @firstname.lastname@example.org