Mapper since: September 16, 2008
I'm a theoretical chemist by profession, modelling the chemistry and physics of various metal oxide materials for applications such as catalysis.
- Keen amateur photographer, I add images to wikimedia commons, sell stock photos and also post things to flickr.
- Edit Wikipedia when I have something to add or spot an error.
- Contribute corrections and new features to OpenStreetMap.
Related open-source apps I heavily use::
- OSMand - take whole countries of OpenStreetMap with you, complete with POIs, geotagged Wikipedia entries, hillshading / contours, offline routing, etc - all without a data connection!
- Kiwix - all of Wikipedia, Project Gutenberg, WikiVoyage and other useful references can be downloaded and accessed at any time, great for where data is expensive or unavailable.
- f-droid - a freedom respecting android applications catalogue.