Iyan has commented on the following diary entries

So I completed a PhD on community engagement in HOT and Missing Maps... almost 2 years ago

Great summary, Martin! It is good that we can have a short chat last time in Heidelberg.

State of the Map 2019 (SoTM 2019): I Took All My Chances about 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing your story and be a part of the conference, Andi!. I enjoyed your talk too, I like how we can also contribute through mapping for this important issue.

#PDCSurabaya Destroyed Surabaya (and clarification below) almost 5 years ago

Yes, we have a socialization and mapathon with ITS in October-November 2016, we hoped after the project they can continue mapping in Surabaya. Almost all of our data entry personnel also locally recruited from Surabaya.

Feel free to contact me or our team (team.id@hotosm.org) if you have further questions/clarifications.

#PDCSurabaya Destroyed Surabaya (and clarification below) almost 5 years ago

Hello everyone_sinks_starco, my name is Yantisa Akhadi, I’m the Project Manager of Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team Indonesia. First I would like to thank you for the feedback on our project in Surabaya, we already communicate this issue to our team in Surabaya and we will bring this in our team meeting as well to ensure that it can be addressed properly.

I would like to give you a bit of background about the project and how it was done. This project come under the request of Pacific Disaster Center (PDC) and Badan Nasional Penanggulangan Bencana (Indonesia Disaster Management Agency or BNPB) to collect critical infrastructure data and sub-village boundary (RW) in Surabaya. In the start of the project we also coordinate the effort with Badan Penanggulangan Bencana Daerah Provinsi Jawa Timur (East Java Provincial Disaster Management Agency or BPBD Jawa Timur) and Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology or ITS).

In this project we deployed 16 surveyor which systematically collect the data directly from the ground and local village (Kelurahan) office starting from October 2016. We also have 4 data quality assurance which supervise their work, backed up by 2 Mapping Supervisor with more than 5 years mapping and data validation experiences in OSM. We also have Project Coordinator and Program Manager which continuously monitor the progress.

In mapping boundaries, we try to reflect the condition on the ground based on our interview with local village officer in each Kelurahan. These boundary is drawn directly by Kelurahan official and we digitize it in JOSM. On the missing boundary issues, it is related to the licensing where previous boundary data is done using unverified import (more about this is discussing https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2016-October/004643.html). We understand that this is a serious issues and we are committed to fix it.

Once the project finished in February we will have a workshop for government, NGOs and academic institutions so that they can use the data beyond disaster management. This is also the reason we involve ITS in first place so that they aware of this effort and can use it for city planning and development purposes.

You are very welcome to visit our project office in Surabaya (it is at Jl. Manyar Kerta Adi 3 No. 21) or if you live in Bali you can also have a coffee with Mhairi O’hara, our Program Manager for this project who lives in Bali. Please contact me through e-mail yantisa@hotosm.org so that we can schedule meet-up or through Skype regarding the follow up of your feedback.

Thank you.

Marilah kita bersama-sama meningkatkan kualitas data OSM di Indonesia.

New GitHub Repository : osm postgis scripts over 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing the code, is it possible to re-use Scope to update the database (ie. import daily changeset)?

Fixing Jakarta boundaries (and II) almost 6 years ago

Hello Ivan,

There might be duplicates on the Kelurahan/Desa(admin level=7). I assume you only take the Jakarta admin boundaries minus the Kabupaten Kepulauan Seribu (admin level=5). The total for Kelurahan for the whole DKI Jakarta province is 267. Reduce this number with Kelurahan in Kepulauan Seribu (6) we got 261, while the result from above is 263. I have identified the duplicates, the first one is TMII, which is a recreational area. The second one is Suka Pura and Sukapura. I believe the later is the correct ones. I use this link from Ministry of Home Affairs to check: http://www.kemendagri.go.id/media/filemanager/2010/01/29/1/1/11__dki_jakarta.pdf