H@mlet's Diary Comments

Diary Comments added by H@mlet

Les 10 cOSMandements ou le guide prescriptif à l'usage des novices 8 months ago

Bonjour,

j’ai fait ça, un peu vite : - odp - pdf

J’ai hâte de refaire un atelier pour en avoir besoin ! ;-)

Peut-être faudrait-il mettre un lien vers ces fichiers sur une page wiki ? Mais je ne sais pas bien laquelle…

Les 10 cOSMandements ou le guide prescriptif à l'usage des novices 8 months ago

Trop bien !

Par contre j’imaginais l’afficher au mur lors d’un atelier, mais avec le fond noir… :-/

Serait-il possible d’avoir une version “printer-friendly” ?

Cordialement.

key proposal opening_hours:autism 8 months ago

Well, I guess the ground truth is always best. :-)

But searching for similar endeavor in other countries, I found the term “Quiet hours” used, especially in Great Britain.

In France I had heard of experiments, but a quick search shows that it seems to be generalizing quickly… And it’s not specifically termed “autistic” but more usually “Heures calmes”, easily translated to “Quiet hours”…

Thus I think that opening_hours:quiet_hours, or maybe just opening_hours:quiet would be better. First because it convey the actual action of the shop, not the targeted public, thus it feels more objective. Second, I’ve read criticism from some organization representing autistic people, saying mainly that dimming lights and sounds is a good step, but not enough by far. To be really “autistic-friendly”, the store should have better signs, the personnel would need dedicated training, more time, and so on…

Also your proposal would gain from examples from countries, there are far more than I thought initially.

My 2 cents.

Best regards.

key proposal opening_hours:autism 9 months ago

Hi.

That’s a great idea ! (the original concept, and tagging it ;-) )

But I’m a little embarrassed about the key, I find it somewhat offensive. I know it’s meant specifically for autistic people, but I would prefer a tag farther from the people, if that makes any sense. I’m not an english native speaker so that might be why I’m unconfortable.

And on the proposal process, you need to start a conversation on the tagging mailing-list I think.

Best regards.

Debugging blocked tile and geocoding users 9 months ago

Thanks for this, it will be useful.

Maybe it would be nice on the wiki as well ?

Best regards.

Canadian coast - followup 9 months ago

@SomeoneElse thanks for saying more or less what I was thinking, with much more diplomacy than I feel capable.

Regards.

About Key:departures_board 10 months ago

Hi.

I would say no, since you need a smartphone to get the information… Maybe this needs a special tag.

Regards.

Help mapping a bus gate with opening hours that *extend* rather than *override* the regular rule. 10 months ago

Side note, many people think that it’s best to put a negative default, in this case motor_vehicle=no and reverse the conditional. Maybe not easier to express with the opening_hour syntax…

The rational is that routers that don’t support *:conditional tags will route users around this road, instead of risking to route through a closed road.

I’m not sure it’s a great idea, it might depend on the length on the detour, the ratio of open vs closed times, but I’ve read about that in many places.

Regards.

Learning to use my diary 10 months ago

If you think this image is important, you might want to use the image tag.

Regards.

OSM what is needed and what to do 11 months ago

About the third part, you might want to check out OpenEventDatabase.

I don’t think it’s actively maintained anymore, but has a lot of ideas implemented.

Regards

points fort et faible OSM ? 11 months ago

Bonjour,

OSM est un écosystème assez vaste, centré sur une base de données géographiques commune, libre et ouverte.

Vous pouvez commencer par lire le wiki.

Le SCR par défaut est généralement le WGS84. Certains outils permettent d’ouvrir des shapefiles, mais c’est rarement une bonne idée.

Cordialement.

Via 35 in Costa Rica 12 months ago

Sure, I’ll do that.

If you are curious, I’m using the changeset discussion tool, you can follow there : https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/94116627

Regards

Via 35 in Costa Rica 12 months ago

On 2021-12-08 19:46:25 UTC Eva1262 wrote:

Unfortunately, the link does not work for me.

Indeed, short links don’t seem to work anymore.

I‘d say the route is incorrectly tagged from Florencia southwards.

From recent satellite views (Google Maps, 2021), it seems that the road is marked (and used) down to this roundabout : https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=10.34018&mlon=-84.44424#map=17/10.34018/-84.44424&layers=N

Does that makes sense to you ?

The part south of this point was tagged as not in construction anymore one year ago, by joserrg12 in changeset #94116627 .

You might want to contact him before correcting the data.

Best regards.

Via 35 in Costa Rica 12 months ago

I have tested this with Organic Maps, the privacy-friendly fork of maps.me, and it does not route through the part tagged as construction.

Would you say that the road north of this place : https://osm.org/go/YF7uAyfUE–?m= is incorrectly tagged ? From the aerials it seems there are proper exits, but it’s hard to be sure.

Regards.

Solar power mapping in China: a comparison against ML data about 1 year ago

Hi,

I wonder why the training the dataset is not licenced as ODbL ? It’s seems like an extract of OSM data.

And I’m curious about whether this training dataset has been fixed straight in OSM, or if there is a derivative database that could improve OSM…

I see that there is no mention of OSM in the Acknowledgements section on GitHub.

I’m not sure, but I think maybe an issue in the repository about these questions might be useful.

Regards.

Atelier Garage de réparation automobile about 1 year ago

Bonjour,

cet espace de journal est dédié à la communication entre cartographes. Votre garage n’apparaîtra pas sur la carte. Pour cela il faut modifier la base de données OSM, quelques guides : https://learnosm.org/fr/beginner/ https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FR:Guide_du_d%C3%A9butant

Sinon vous pouvez déposer une Note, qui sera traitée par un autre cartographe. La documentation : https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FR:Notes

Cordialement.

Do not map like this (a collection of incorrect mapping practices) about 1 year ago

Well, I understand for the second one, but the other two look pretty accurate to me.

Would you care to explain and source your reasoning?

Regards.

Mapping while taking a walk. about 1 year ago

Mapillary can help. Or other street-level photos project.

Otherwise I use OsmAnd Notes, I just usually don’t upload, and process them myself.

A New Way to Use OSM about 1 year ago

Hi,

You might want to check out facilmap and organic maps (the fork of maps.me).

I think it would be bettter to join an existing project than start our own.

My 2 cents.

Regards.

Mapping in flooded areas in Germany (July 2021) over 1 year ago

Hello,

I’m not sure this message will be seen by all those you would like to help by updating the database.

Mapping missing bridges strikes me as useful, at least for routing.

If you want to keep the state of the database before the catastrophe, download an extract, even set up a rendering server based on it. Or the openstreetmap.de rendering server could stop updating for a while, with a note.

My 2 cents.