GOwin has commented on the following diary entries

400,000 Mapillary Images 4 days ago

Awesome! 🙇

THE 10,000 Edits Challenge 7 days ago

Sorry for not being clear. I meant to ask who is the organization that is directing this effort, and not the participants' ranking.

Any website or community forum?

THE 10,000 Edits Challenge 7 days ago

Could you please say more about this 10,000 edits challenge? Who's leading the effort, and who is doing validation work?

Missing Roads from ImproveOSM now also on MapRoulette 16 days ago

@mvexel. I still am. Looking forward to it.

Thanks in advanced, Martijn.

Mapping: Make the World Connected about 2 months ago

You definitely know more than me. It's good to know that you made an attempt to find other tools to make field mapping more convenient, like the house number tagging tool

Kudos!

Open Location Code, OLC, generator & search on the OSM map about 2 months ago

Thank you for doing this, Alex.

Many of us has been looking forward to something similar within OpenStreetMap. Other mobile apps (OsmAnd, Maps.Me) already supports OLC, and a website to utilize like so, is an awesome way forward.

Our first Mapathon in PUP San Juan 3 months ago

@stephaniekylle , come and join us in this coming Sunday's Mapathon for Ompong: https://ti.to/mapamore/ompongph

I'm pretty sure it will significantly improve your leader board ranking, apart from getting to know other local mappers, and contributors.

"Everything is connected" is not true 3 months ago

P.S.
Thank you for your mapping contributions! We're doing another mapathon this Sunday, I hope you folks can make it.

"Everything is connected" is not true 3 months ago

Unless, we consider its meta-physical reference.

Let Joey Ayala's Magkaugnay song to run in the background while you ponder on this.

Typhoon Ompong: Cagayan and Batanes 3 months ago

Daghang salamat, bay.

That's "Thank you", friend, in Visayan - one of the major languages of the Philippines.

"Bay" itself has an interesting etymology. It's said to be a contraction of the phrase "Akong abay" (my companion), which has now evolved in daily use as as informal synonym for "higala" (friend).

Cheers,

#5236 - Typhoon Ompong:Here I come helping out !!!the Philippines 3 months ago

In behalf of fellow Filipinos, thank you for your time and effort @vicksun. You contributed to mapping over 104,000 buildings, and other features within such a short time.

Our efforts are partially documented in the Typhoon Ompong 2018 wiki page.

We still have ways to go, and we hope that you would continue to map, as well as invite friends and colleagues to complete pending tasks in areas we are still mapping.

Just Cleaning Up. :-) 3 months ago

Hahaha. It's inaccurate to say that I watch anybody in particular. However, I do watch out for diary entries made by contributors in the Philippines, because that's well within my "neighborhood". :D

Is your mapping activity related to any other interest, like cycling, or perhaps work?

If you have questions, do not hesitate to get in touch. Looking forward to interacting with you in one of the community channels.

Cheers,

Just Cleaning Up. :-) 3 months ago

Kudos on this milestone @Orangeab! Thank you for contributing to OpenStreetMap, and helping make a better map of your favorite neighborhoods.

There's this concise tips page for Philippine contributors: https://telegra.ph/Awesome-OSM-Tips--Tricks-01-28

Also, find out the latest happenings, or interact with local contributors through these community channels: https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Philippines/connect

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to get in touch. You might be doubtful about a particular tag, or would like to clarify their use. Or perhaps, you have ideas you want to flesh out to improve your neighbourhood map. Or maybe just want to know more about OSM.

Cheers,

My neighborhood 4 months ago

That sounds interesting! Do try using Mapillary or OpenStreetCam so we can have an idea about the neighborhood architecture you're trying to describe.

Cheers,

Just Testing... 4 months ago

Welcome to OpenStreetMap. I'm curious about the article you mentioned. Could you post a link to it?

Cheers

Mapping our neighborhood. 4 months ago

I love a good bowl of Lomi! They're especially perfect during cold, rainy days.

Thank you for posting your experience, and sharing what you've discovered. I'm looking forward to seeing them on OSM soon.

Cheers,

Mapping Our Neighbourhood 4 months ago

Oh, wow! I didn't even think we still have those things in Metro Manila. So, have you added them on the map? If so, what was the tag you used?

Cheers,

My experience in mapping my neighborhood. 4 months ago

Whenever you go out - whether mapping or otherwise, always be mindful of your safety.

I'm glad that you found the exercise enjoyable and that you've learned new things about your neighborhood.

Cheers,

My Neighborhood 4 months ago

Biking is one of the best ways to explore communities around us, despite not having enough biking infrastructures to promote the safety of bikers. There are still numerous neighborhoods with quiet streets where you can comfortably give your bike a whirl, discover what's around you, and at the same time exercise

Cheers,

My Neighbourhood 4 months ago

Having your own street named after the family surname sounds awesome! However, "Quioge" for me reminds me of a more somber industry in the Philippines. Is your family somehow involved in that?

In other countries, waterfront properties are considered prime real estate. It sounds awesome to have cool, fresh air breezing in from the river every day.

Thank you for posting your experience, and sharing what you've discovered.

Cheers,