DaCor has commented on the following diary entries

Updating Blarney... 7 days ago

Fair play (from Galway)

The OSM website now has a context menu (right-click menu)! 2 months ago

Nice work!

“Mum. There’s an Old Man at the Door” 11 months ago

Ha, gave me a chuckle.

GSoC Diary 1 11 months ago

These are fantastic updates. Really useful, thank you!

Mapper in the Spotlight: Pete Masters (Scotland) 12 months ago

Another great interview, thanks escada

Your OpenStreetMap Story about 1 year ago

Ha! That is cool

Easily map individual parking spaces using the terracer plugin in JOSM about 1 year ago

not dismissing your work, but I think my way is easier and a lot more in line with the norm

Map the whole parking area as amenity=parking

Thats it. 1 polygon/closed way

If I know the info, I will add capacity, operator etc

I'm not sure I see any benefit in mapping spaces to this level of detail (and I'm a lover of micromapping)

One major downside is the visual clutter it would create due to the amount of Parking icons appearing on the map

Is there possibility to retag addr:housenumbers without european scheme? (updated) about 1 year ago

Is that not achieved by using the country boundaries (relations)?

JOSM and Me... (DeBigC) about 1 year ago

About the only thing I use iD for is mapping turn restrictions. It makes it sooo easy.

For everything else I use josm but that's the to say it couldn't be improved or doesn't have "quirks" of its own

The city of Chandigarh is taking a very good shape on OSM. about 1 year ago

thats some nice mapping, nice work!

Mapper in the Spotlight: dkiselev (Russia) about 1 year ago

"Most difficult part of OSM is the "nobody needs that" approach on tagging and talk mailing lists. Guys, just think, If somebody uses a mailing list, which is pain by itself, to ask you what is the best approach to map a thing, there is a demand for that kind of things to be mapped."

I like your logic

My christmas gift for the OSM Community - JOSM Keyboard Shortcuts Cheat Sheet 300 DPI over 1 year ago

ok, now one for iD ;)

Well done, fantastic and hugely useful

Preannouncement for a new project with a long name over 1 year ago

No, dont have linux installed or virtual machine

Preannouncement for a new project with a long name over 1 year ago

You lost me at command line :P

From Mapper to Validator to Judge over 1 year ago

@BushmanK no we havent gotten to that stage yet.

Right now we are working on completing as much of the validation work before our next trip in Feb.

One of the goals during the in-person training will be the use of KeepRight, OSMI, Overpass etc for further improvement of the data.

This validation sprint is more focused on making sure the task requirements have been met for each tile to as high a standard as possible.

I would love to load up all the additional validation tools as part of this sprint, however I think it would be too burdensome at this stage

Belgian Mapper of the Month: Polyglot over 1 year ago

Going to have to check out that PT route plugin, cheers :)

Re-tagging picnic sites with leisure=picnic_site and amenity=picnic_site to tourism=picnic_site over 1 year ago

leisure=picnic_site - 100 items tourism=picnic_site - 83,313 items

In other words, of 83,413 sites, 0.12% are tagged as leisure versus 99.88% tagged as tourism

I think its safe to conclude leisure is obviously incorrect

Lets not over complicate where its not needed.

If they're tagged wrong, they should be corrected.

Objetivos over 1 year ago

Nice work!

Shipping JOSM configuration plugin over 1 year ago

I really like this. I am going to have to play around with it during the holidays.

Awesome work