- Mapper since:
- April 29, 2017
Based in Dasmarinas City, DP24 (DP stands for Dear Paul) himself does the expedition and research-based mapping within the home region (CALABARZON), as well as the birthplace (NCR) and various places across the Republic of the Philippines. Mapping will involve the bus and highway routes, local updates, humanitarian-based infrastructures, and data clean-up (whether highway or data privacy-related). Currently a Civil Engineering incoming graduate with special needs on the approach to long-term commitment.
Upon the advice from our friends, with exceptions to the emergency or urgent editing/fixes, DP will be on an editing break beginning 2023-01-01 00:00:00 until 2023-06-01 00:00:00 to give way for the Civil Engineering Board Examination Review and Board Examination Proper as needed.
In the meantime, you may go back to our previous #Mapping101 Thursdays episodes for the duration of the break via our DP24 FB Watch page. Tune in to the all-new season restart of #Mapping101 Thursdays Season 2 restart every Thursday from June 2023 on DP24 General TV via YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, and FB Watch channels. VOD may be available on DP24 Radio TV 1 via Spotify.
As a Civil Engineering graduate on the current long-term commitment to service, most buildings (including floor levels), bridges, highways (including material/surface conditions), and tunnels that are supposed to be mapped are properly classified, identified, and validated #OnTheSpot. Also, formerly part of the City Scholarship Programme by the City Government of Dasmarinas and WeMap session LIVE, and currently a participant from the mappy (OpenStreetMap Philippines) community and producer, host for the following DP24 Media programming/stations online:
- [ON HOLD] DPinFocus LIVE/Podcast
- [ON HOLD] DPonreflections LIVE/Podcast
- [ON HOLD] Mapping101 Thursdays LIVE
- [ON HOLD] Easy Filipino
- [ON AIR] Wednesday Bible Study Block LIVE
[ON HOLD] Morning Rush LIVE
- [ON VOD] DP24 General TV
- [ON HOLD] DP24 Educational TV
- [ON HOLD] DP24 Archives TV
- [SOON] DP24 Music TV
- [SOON] DP24 DTV5
- [SOON] DP24 DTV7
- [ON VOD] DP24 Radio 1
- [ON PARTIAL OPS] DP24 Social Media pages
- City Scholar, City Government of Dasmarinas (2018-2020)
- Advocate/Apprentice, Member, A+Quest, EVEolution (hiatus)
- Advocate, Member, Autism Society Philippines (hiatus)
- Member, Mental Health aWHEREness Philippines (active)
- Associate Member, OpenStreetMap Foundation (active)
- Member, Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers - Student Chapter (2019-2020, 2021-2022)
- Member, Society of Engineering and Architecture Students (2013-2015)
- FAL Conducive Engineering Review Center (2020-Present)
- DP24 Media (Present)
- FEAST Visuals and Tech (April-July 2020, on season break)
- The FEAST SM Dasmarinas (2017-Present)
- WeMap session (March-June 2020, on season break)
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the specialisations on your OSM contributions?
- Route relations (involving ferries, buses, roadways/highways, bicycles)
- Landuse areas (including conversion to multipolygon relations)
- Buildings (residential, commercial, industrial)
- Presence of accessibility features (elevators, tactile paving, wheelchair access)
- Lane management, speed limits (compatible with OsmAnd)
What are the software used by DP24 to contribute to the OSM?
DP24 uses JOSM, OsmAnd, iD, StreetComplete for OSM editing through DP24 Media-operated laptop and smartphone.
Why do I use British spellings and terminologies on some changeset comments? Am I trying hard?
As you have noticed, I do self-learning on most British spellings and terminologies while on contribution as a way of training (just in case of going thru vacation once again). Although not trying hard to do those things, I would rather go thru long-term learning experiences. As of January 2021, DP24 has to revert to Philippine-based terminologies to suit the local preferences upon DM-based feedback.
Any concerns with correction/modification of certain edits?
As a Civil Engineering graduate, I’m here to help and support you. More often than not, I give you the opportunity to fix your edits and make meaningful changesets attached to it. But in certain cases, I have to clean up/modify those edits #OnTheSpot. In such case, don’t hesitate to DM @DP24PH for #FixYourMap request(s) or comment(s). Please bear with me since it may took time to respond due to busy work.
DP24 Media pages
- DP24 lnk.bio Portal
- DP24 Online Portal
- DP24 FB Page
- DP24 General TV on FB Watch
- DP24 General TV on Kumu
- DP24 General TV on Twitch
- DP24 General TV on YouTube
- DP24 Instagram (behind-the-scenes, infographics)
- DP24 Mapillary
- DP24 OSM Heatmap
- DP24 OSM Traces (real-time GNSS-based tracing vs COVID-19)
- DP24 Radio 1 on Anchor
- DP24 Radio 1 on Spotify
- DP24 Twitter (real-time updates)