Solo nodi cancellati senza motivo
Dear user "select", could you please explain why you deleted these nodes? Are you the same person as "gnuckx"?
which nodes exactly?
There were 93 nodes deleted in this changeset and the comment given - "trace" - is insufficient to explain. Data Working Group has received a complaint about this and other deletions performed by you and user "select", and we're considering to revert all your edits made with meaningless changeset comments. I just wanted to give you a chance to explain why you think it is correct to remove these nodes (and why you placed a misleading changeset comment).
the garbage dumpers in the city are illegal as of eu law and they are being removed by the catania city hall by implementing a door to door garbage collect system. moreover it is totally disproportionate to put 5 6 or 7 dumpers in the collecting same point for every single dumper in OSM. it is totally inappropriate for the purpose of geographical maps, it overbloats OSM and degrades the usefulness and quality of OSM maps.
1) "overbloating" is not this case where object are mapped by people that follows osm wiki rules
2) openstreetmap is not a simple "map" of things that you wish in and wish not. It's a more complex geodatabase. If someone puts data inside, that's useful data. Moreover if someone checks this data and places it in the real place.
3) You are deleting all sort of things; you cannot map on thoughts. I assume that nothing that you had done has been verified by you (I have photos that prove this)
4) All your edits are deletions of data, not a single improvement has been made by select or gnucx in Catania. (deleted nodes, fake things added, disconnected ways and more)
5) This complaint is not about single nodes, is about time that people spend on mapping things, time that you despise deleting things sitting in a chair without real verification.
Moreover any user can see that most of the data here is checked and verified by me, matthew fazio, tosky, trimoto; if there is need to delete something because it is not real that is immediatly done in the right way.
gnuckx, you have used the changeset comment "trace" instead of, what now seems more appropriate, "deleting garbage dumpers because they will be removed". Why? Also, in this changeset you deleted other things for example http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2431432250 - why? -- As a general rule, you should never delete things just because they "are illegal" or "will be removed" - you can delete them once they ARE removed but not before. And when making edits that are potentially controversial, never hide them behind a useless changeset comment - always tell the others openly what you're doing and why.
OpenStreetMap is a map of the world, created by people like you and free to use under an open license.
Hosting is supported by UCL, Fastly, Bytemark Hosting, and other partners.