scruss has commented on the following diary entries

tagging a green roof? over 1 year ago

better still!

tagging a green roof? over 1 year ago

perfect! Thanks!

tagging a green roof? over 1 year ago

It's not the colour, Dr K; it's the fact it's growing — so in your part of the world, it would be like having a xeriscaped roof.

Navigating by OSM over 1 year ago

That went rather well. Sure, it maybe sometimes sent me down a slower road that I might've taken, but at no time was I actually lost or confused. Saved me a ton of cash on Garmin maps, too.

Great work by the UK mappers and routers!

End of Newton Mearns mapping for now over 1 year ago

Thanks for the edits. I'm back visiting where I grew up, and you pretty much caught all the stuff I thought no-one but me would map ...

This week, I have been mostly mapping wind farms ... about 2 years ago

Chaos99: really? I thought that Ctrl+V was a Java standard. Didn't know anything could change that. I started using the standard JNLP version because I was sick of having it complain about updates.

Tom Chance: it's not that hard to add machine type, especially when I've worked on or around the projects I've mapped. I can now recognize machine type from air photos, alas ;-) Failing that, there are public records or news releases from the manufacturers which can help.

This week, I have been mostly mapping wind farms ... about 2 years ago

Of course! Most of it was trued up against open orthophotos anyway.

In rural southern Ontario, USGS Aerial Imagery is your friend about 2 years ago

True enough, but some consistency would help future editors.

Local weighting for local mappers? almost 3 years ago

Did I say I had all the answers to this?

Local weighting for local mappers? almost 3 years ago

But current aerial maps aren't available. They're 3-5 years out of date around here. With a WAAS-enabled handheld with a good fix, I'm +/- 3m.

pondering import of wind farms about 4 years ago

I managed to convert the waypoints to OSM using GPSBabel, and then uploaded via josm - thanks!

pondering import of wind farms about 4 years ago

thanks, nmixter, but would't potlatch expect me to drag a new symbol over each point? That would get old after the third unit or so.