karussell has commented on the following diary entries

Website for asking to improve just one area in OpenStreetMap (or paying for improvement) 5 days ago

This is what I've found from HOTOSM http://www.missingmaps.org/ where there is e.g. this. So the infrastructure is already there and even nice&useful :)

Website for asking to improve just one area in OpenStreetMap (or paying for improvement) 8 days ago

Yeah, also a nice idea! Someone should make a company out of these all so that I can use it ;)

Website for asking to improve just one area in OpenStreetMap (or paying for improvement) 12 days ago

I would have no problems to limit the work to local mappers. Also I would like to see that those local mappers involved somehow. Be it via financial support and direct involvement or as a protection wall for those paid contributions.

Yeah, but I have already too many side projects where I'll be billionaire afterwards ;)

Website for asking to improve just one area in OpenStreetMap (or paying for improvement) 19 days ago

That is true but normally if you pay for something you look at it even more closely (?)

Yeah, I still think there is potential for a OSM specific site as you could put bounties on OSM notes, select an area and define specific tasks, select specific tags which should be improved or even just a kind of a commercial version of maproulette.

Still wondering why there isn't one already :)

Yeah, interesting idea. Maybe bountysource or flattr :)

Sorry was just reading the wrong entry. Here is the root post: https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2013-November/002344.html

I mean more to hire several people like for taskrabbit but more for OSM explicitely

@davespod the motivation would be money in the cases I mentioned. I don't understand the link you are referring to as they don't discuss paid contribution IMO

Long and possible incorrect street names in Russia? about 1 month ago

Sorry, the road number after the comma was my fault. That is not part of the name that is just the ref: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/51109811

Long and possible incorrect street names in Russia? about 1 month ago

Thanks @Zverik and @d1g ! @d1g - which code is the one for the examples above (e.g. the first example)

What do you recommend to do about it? Leave them as it is or move them (manually) to official_name and provide shorter 'normal' street names for navigation and address search? Maybe I'll also ask the user about this.

The official recommendation for name tags is:

The names should be restricted to the name of the item in question only and should not include categories, types, descriptions, addresses or notes. If something really doesn't have a name, don't add one to OpenStreetMap. Any additional information should be included in separate tags (see, e.g., aforementioned links) to identify its meaning.

Long and possible incorrect street names in Russia? about 1 month ago

Also I'm adding the ref to the way name. But all this is not important for me here. I just wanted to know if this is wrong data from an automated import or real street names.

Long and possible incorrect street names in Russia? about 1 month ago

Sorry, that was indeed unclear. I'm using byte counts. See here

Long and possible incorrect street names in Russia? about 1 month ago

add "in Russia" to the title, then more likely the right people will read this post.

thanks, done

Long and possible incorrect street names in Russia? about 1 month ago

Also, I thought only 255 chars were allowed in tag values. If that's not the case, I think you should fix graphhopper, not osm data.

Well, sure if those are really correct. For me it really makes no sense to have such a long street name. I cannot imagine that the street contains city names etc and how long would a sign of such a street name be? over 3m?

Thank you for your trust! about 2 months ago

To make things clear: I consider it a very silly thing for Steve to do, bad for him, for the OSMF and for the whole project.

What do you mean here? Any link to the discussion or similar?

Who uses OpenStreetMap? about 2 months ago

and for each website it records the HTTP requests that the site is making

How can it intercept an API call or HTTP request technically?

GraphHopper 0.3 released: Fast Route Planner Beyond Two Dimensions 5 months ago

Turn restriction support will come in the next version.

GraphHopper 0.1.1 5 months ago

Yes, this was deactivated, but as a library you can still take advantage of it. If you want to have it again in the app, please create an issue on github.