jremillard has commented on the following diary entries

OSM datasize in PostGIS almost 2 years ago

OK, I will try that!

On implied turn restrictions and armchair mapping about 2 years ago

You should apologize for reverting somebodies else's change without consulting with them first. You should apologize for not finding a way of resolving this disagreement privately (like emailing state of Florida). You should not apologize for being wrong about the turn relation.

You apologizing has nothing to do with anybody else. Believe me, you are not the only person that should be apologizing for this weekends fiasco.

On implied turn restrictions and armchair mapping about 2 years ago

Please apologize, so everybody can can put the pitchforks down so we can all get back to mapping.

Go Map!! now available in the App Store over 2 years ago

Just gave it a spin, looks great. Thanks!!

Removed. over 2 years ago

OK, see everybody on rails-dev later in the week.

1 Million Mappers Soon ... No, Not Really over 2 years ago

butrus_butrus, tmcw, I did not suggest that nobody would come back, but rather these dead accounts have a real cost on project. They are not "free". Also, I bet both of you would have made an account when you came back if needed. Anyway, no worries, I'm glad you both came back :-)

Using the DOD GS-600 or similar HD blackbox gps cameras for OSM over 2 years ago

Hi Marlow,

Thanks for posing this! Can you read the signs with the camera? I could not ready them in the utube video.

Thanks Jason.

1 Million Mappers Soon ... No, Not Really over 2 years ago

The find nearby users feature should show new accounts without any map changes. If somebody opens up an account nearby and does not manage to edit the map, I would like to contact them and offer to help. If it is more than a year old, we probably lost them already.

For the 0.05% that open up an account and 2 years later make their first edit, all of the other issues don't seem worth saving them 1 step. I don't have data, but it seems like this is an extremely rare occurrence, and we should not be degrading important features because of this.

For users without any map edits, if we get our password hashes stolen, then we have 800,000 people that are at risk for no reason.

Not being able to close an account seems kind of rude.

MassGIS building file converted to OSM format over 2 years ago

Hi,

We are talking about it on the us-talk.

Basically, the license is fine because it comes from MassGIS. Nobody has signed up to actually push this into OSM yet. I was hoping that people that are mapping in MA, would take a look at the data and see what it looks like first then we can see what makes sense to do next.

Thanks Jason.