dcp has commented on the following diary entries

Taglocator almost 3 years ago

I like it and will definitely use it. In fact I already done. Deleted one confestionary and added a Pizza shop (have to gather the attribute details though). Well done.

key:xmas almost 3 years ago

I like it. Well done. Could you give me the coordinates!

Walking Papers over 3 years ago

To RobJN. Thank you. I was missing something! It worked very well.

Walking Papers over 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. However, I could not zoom in enough to add minute details such as paths, doorways, house numbers, post boxes, etc.

Is this a built in limitataion or am I missing something?

Building not visualized. Weird mistake! almost 4 years ago

@maxerickson I don't know how you did it but well done: I don't use twitter.

@FraMauro. As maxerickson insinuates the error was readily recognisable in OSMI as shown in this example. It is always advisable to check your work using the OSMI and Keepright.

After all we all make mistakes

Egypt-Sudan Un-correct Border JOSM help almost 4 years ago

@ رامز Can I assume that Schäuble Michele will take over this task. He seems to have more knowledge than I do.

Egypt-Sudan Un-correct Border JOSM help almost 4 years ago

This border was last edited by RedFox (Language French).

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/RedFox on the 27.Dec.2013.

It was initially entered by Schäuble Michele

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Sch%C3%A4uble%20Michele on the 28.Jan.2008

It would be advisable to contact them first.

If you have no success I'll do it.

Wette gewonnen! almost 4 years ago

@aseerel4c26

Although they are not "false positives" they are still errors and have to be corrected so we do agree!

Why the world needs OpenStreetMap almost 4 years ago

Very philosophical. Well done!

Wette gewonnen! almost 4 years ago

@aseerel4c26

IMHO kann es keine "false positives" bei "beinahe Verbindungen" geben. "Highways" sollten mit noexit=yes getagt werden wenn sie nicht mit einer anderen highway verbunden sind!

Relation EV6 wird in der Radfahrerkarte in Ungarn und Slowakei nicht angezeigt almost 4 years ago

It is also clearly visible here:

Motivation for Contributing to OSM about 4 years ago

Yes, I do think that we should raise the bar on newbies' contributions.

Yes, we all make mistakes and most of the newbies learn through their own. We don't want to hinder them in their initial endeavours, or do we?

I have had most of my work changed/improved, most of it good but sometimes not so good. It is usually newbies making erroneous edits because they cannot always see the geometry behind the geographical data.

Relations/Multipolygons/turning instructions, etc. are usually not easily understood by newbies but they can change/mutilate them at will.

When it happens I contact the newbie and it about 50% of the cases I received a positive response, the other 50% just don't answer; reason unknown but I can guess why!

As OSM progresses it is even going to get more cluttered/complicated so IMHO I would expect the OSMF to rethink their present open ended philosophy. I have my ideas but I consider the OSMF to be more competent to debate this issue. Surely that is part of their mandate anyway!

Straßenlistenauswertung about 4 years ago

I agree with your sentiments that the list should be maintained. I have completed D-53359 Rheinbach and it is now 100% correct (I hope). I am not prepared to go to other PLZs and do their work, so the list is no longer of any importance to me and as it is not be maintained I won't look at it again. I think other contributors would agree with my conclusion.

But, as I said, I do agree with your sentiment and pity that it not being maintained.

Straßenlistenauswertung about 4 years ago

D-53359 Rheinbach, Stettinerstraße ist geändert worden: Ich war heute vor Ort. Es ist jetzt die Franz-Wendler-Staße und ist seit 7.Aug.2012 in OSM erfasst. Auch die Stadt-Karten für Touristen sind geändert worden.

Die Franz-Wendler-Straße ist mit old_name=Stettinerstraße seit 10.Aug.2013 getagt.

Straßenlistenauswertung about 4 years ago

D-53359 Rheinbach, Stettinerstraße geändert worden (Ich glaube): Ich werde es vor Ort prüfen.

Straßenlistenauswertung about 4 years ago

In D-53359 Rheinbach habe ich Freisleben-Straße in Freislebenstraße geändert.

Straßenlistenauswertung about 4 years ago

In D-53359 Rheinbach-und Nebenorten gibt es keine Straße "Parkplatz Freizeitzentrum" , auch nicht in Google.

Straßenlistenauswertung about 4 years ago

In D-53359 Rheinbach-und Nebenorten gibt es keine Ladestraße , auch nicht in Google.

Straßenlistenauswertung about 4 years ago

In D-53359 Rheinbach-und Nebenorten gibt es keine Straße "Gut Waldau" , auch nicht in Google. Ein "Gut Waldau": Ein Pferdehof das gleichzeitig als Adresse gilt, d.h. ohne Straßebname. Es ist seit 13.März 2013 korrekt erfasst.

Straßenlistenauswertung about 4 years ago

In D-53359 Rheinbach-und Nebenorten gibt es keine Klosterstrasse, auch nicht in Google. In Rheinbach-Wörmersdorf gibt es ein Kostergasse. Es ist seit 17.Juli 2008 korrekt erfasst.