K01umbus has commented on the following diary entries

google google google 11 months ago

Right, thanks for the thorough explanation aseerel4c26. Good to hear it's not on the main site.

google google google 12 months ago

@TomH Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong site then http://openstreetmap.us/iD/release/index.html ?

@robert You might want to read this article and ponder the role census data played in it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_internment

Do I really need separate login credentials for the wiki? over 2 years ago

Unfortunately I'm one of the mapping only rodents. Only big fighting words, no code skills. :(

Do I really need separate login credentials for the wiki? over 2 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! I shall take a look.

Do I really need separate login credentials for the wiki? over 2 years ago

While the biggest hurdle for osm certainly is the lack of publicity (people don't know it exists) I think the second issue is easiness of use. People are lazy and have short attention spans. (take me for example) Probably this isn't a huge issue but this is playing into the death by hundred paper cuts scenario. I'm so happy though there is this diary so I can communicate with you guys! The feeling of community is what makes osm interesting for me. By the community for the community. :)

Do I really need separate login credentials for the wiki? over 2 years ago

Thanks for the info Richard. I was secretly hoping it would have been some random problem...

My first edit over 2 years ago

I now tried to move the tags from the 2 nodes to the way and deleted them nodes.

Hmm... layers... Oh yes, there I can see the swimming icon... but looks like that osmarender doesn't show the k-market visible on the default layer a wee bit southwest of the swimming pool.

Thanks for all your help, I'll try to learn this beast. Fun stuff! :)

My first edit over 2 years ago

Thanks alot Harry! I thought the information was missing since I saw no icon on the map. At least that got me trying to edit OSM... Cheers!

I completely agree with lonehorse above!