K01umbus has commented on the following diary entries

google google google over 1 year ago

Right, thanks for the thorough explanation aseerel4c26. Good to hear it's not on the main site.

google google google over 1 year ago

@TomH Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong site then http://openstreetmap.us/iD/release/index.html ?

@robert You might want to read this article and ponder the role census data played in it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_internment

Do I really need separate login credentials for the wiki? almost 3 years ago

Unfortunately I'm one of the mapping only rodents. Only big fighting words, no code skills. :(

Do I really need separate login credentials for the wiki? almost 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! I shall take a look.

Do I really need separate login credentials for the wiki? almost 3 years ago

While the biggest hurdle for osm certainly is the lack of publicity (people don't know it exists) I think the second issue is easiness of use. People are lazy and have short attention spans. (take me for example) Probably this isn't a huge issue but this is playing into the death by hundred paper cuts scenario. I'm so happy though there is this diary so I can communicate with you guys! The feeling of community is what makes osm interesting for me. By the community for the community. :)

Do I really need separate login credentials for the wiki? almost 3 years ago

Thanks for the info Richard. I was secretly hoping it would have been some random problem...

My first edit almost 3 years ago

I now tried to move the tags from the 2 nodes to the way and deleted them nodes.

Hmm... layers... Oh yes, there I can see the swimming icon... but looks like that osmarender doesn't show the k-market visible on the default layer a wee bit southwest of the swimming pool.

Thanks for all your help, I'll try to learn this beast. Fun stuff! :)

My first edit almost 3 years ago

Thanks alot Harry! I thought the information was missing since I saw no icon on the map. At least that got me trying to edit OSM... Cheers!

I completely agree with lonehorse above!