Mapper since: July 05, 2009
I like to use OpenStreetMap because an open map to use and edit by anyone just is a great idea! My preferred mapping method is the gps supported biking survey.
Map a house, tag a tree and force your kids to use OSM!
OSM pages I often use
- http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Borut@OSM Boruts OSM profile page
Pages using OSM data I like
- http://osm.thkukuk.de/ provides Garmin maps with a really nice style, works well for my Edge 1000
Things I don't understand
- Access restrictions and how mapnik renders them
Things I find controversial
- Should pavements be mapped as extra ways in parallel with roads?
- Should highways be mapped using 2D areas or 1D ways?
Things I'm afraid of
- Robots, feeding on my data
Things I hate
- Robots doing edits on different locations all over the world within a single changeset having the (no comment)-comment
My preferred mapping tools are a bike, the Garmin Edge 1000 (great!) and the josm software.