mvexel's Diary Comments

Diary Comments added by mvexel

Como adicionar novos pontos utilizando MapRoulette about 1 month ago

Hi Matheus,

Do you mind if I include a link to this post on learn.maproulette.org?

MapRoulette Insider - Creating a Challenge 5 months ago

Hi Mike, if you want to do a ‘manual import’, say, having mappers evaluate and import building footprints one by one, yes, that can certainly be done. This is described in https://learn.maproulette.org/documentation/creating-cooperative-challenges/#content — however, the only editor that currently supports this is JOSM. Let me know if you need any help with this, Martijn

A 2021 Update on Paid Editing in OpenStreetMap about 1 year ago

Jennings, a fantastic analysis and amazing to see the numbers change over the years. Thank you. Are you monitoring all those user pages manually for statements on affiliation? I am very curious to learn more about the ‘unreported’ organized editing!

Announcing OSM Queries about 1 year ago

This is the section of the MapRoulette docs I was referring to.

Announcing OSM Queries about 1 year ago

Very nice work, Leigh! I would like to contribute a page or section to the web site that points to the section in the MapRoulette documentation that explains how you can turn an Overpass query into a MapRoulette Challenge that mappers can collectively work on. What would be a good section for that information?

MapRoulette Insider - Creating a Challenge over 1 year ago

Hi Leslie2012 – the screenshots in this post are older and the interface has changed some. If you click on your user profile and then on ‘Create and Manage’ you should see your default project. If you click on that you should see something like this

That is where you would create a new Challenge from.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Resurrecting Meet Your Mappers over 1 year ago

Hb- sorry about that, could you try again please?

Created an account almost 2 years ago

Welcome! I don’t know if you’ve seen the Slack channels already? There is a #trails channel on there where people discuss outdoor / trail mapping topics, as well as other channels you may find useful. You can sign up at https://slack.openstreetmap.us/ .

OpenStreetMap Foundation Chairperson's Report for the 2019 Annual General Meeting over 2 years ago

Thank you, Kate, for serving on the board these past years. 🐐.

Introducing MapRoulette Quick Fixes over 2 years ago

pangoSE, please see https://github.com/osmlab/maproulette3/issues/732

Observe - cross-platform, offline, field mapping tool for OSM about 3 years ago

I am excited about this! I downloaded the preview for Android and fired it up. I’ll try and share more feedback but here’s some initial points:

• “Save” suggests that you’re saving locally. Instead this commits to OSM.
  • It connects to the OSM dev server which makes it hard to really try it out.
  • It wasn’t immediately obvious to me if any presets are available for POI types. It just asks for a common name and it looks like you can manually add tags.
  • The zooming / panning has some inertia that doesn’t feel right to me.

Observations made without reading the manual :)

A Local Mappers API about 3 years ago

@Glassman someone was interested in reviving the groups branch..It’s very stale at this point so I don’t know how feasible it is. But it’s vaguely related to what you (and I) would love to be able to do.

The original idea for the branch was to have a lightweight implementation of opt-in groups. Anyone could form a group and ask people in or give them the URL to join. The group itself could consist of a variant of the user diaries page.

The big hurdle for building groups out beyond that is spam. It’s already such a big problem with the diaries. Ideally you’d be able to ‘invite’ people within a geographical scope (or local mappers through an API like this) to join, but how do you prevent folks from using it as a spam tool? A reputation API would be handy for that :D

A Local Mappers API about 3 years ago

@zverik sourcehut is something I’m trying out. It doesn’t have search so you have to know about a repo to discover it. It’s a paid service (optional right now) but it’s independent and open source. See https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/sr.ht-announce for project updates. I don’t know if I will put more projects on there.

Flask-restful is supported by some major company so it’s pretty well maintained unlike some other Flask extensions. And as you see it lets you stand up a prototype REST API very quickly. It wouldn’t be a huge leap to get it to production level.

@Rory I’d be interested in seeing some of your workflows. That sounds really interesting.

@Bryce I never noticed that feature! Awesome. It looks like this is only fellow GoMap edits?

@Istvan @pangoSE @GoWIN thanks!

A Local Mappers API about 3 years ago

I just wanted to demonstrate something useful that is a) easy to implement and b) there for anyone to improve upon. Mateusz pointed to one difference with the Neis tool, but perhaps someone who knows their secret sauce can weigh in.

GNIS Hamlets about 3 years ago

Carnildo – I think MapRoulette users can be educated / directed to be more careful. A lot of it is in the quality of the instruction, adding the proper links / warnings / caveats. I am sorry if it has caused trouble for your local area before. (Speaking as the maintainer of MapRoulette.) In the future (or even now if the challenge still exists) feel free to contact the challenge owner / author to let them know that you’re unhappy with the work mappers are doing based on their challenge.

I did actually work on a hopefully thoughtfully formulated MapRoulette challenge related to the topic of this entry, and I would appreciate some feedback on the instruction and description, especially from a MapRoulette sceptic like yourself :)

MapRoulette 3.3 is out! about 3 years ago

hrek:

1. You can access them through the API, like this curl -X GET "https://maproulette.org/api/v2/tasks/review?startDate=null&endDate=null&limit=10&page=0&order=ASC" -H "accept: application/json", see also the API docs

2. We’re working on refining that based on user feedback, there’s a Github ticket for it.

OpenStreetMap “mappedness” based on POI density about 3 years ago

Thanks for the tip re the geography type cast, that is clever.

POIs mapped as ways would be good to include, but would make things a little more complicated. Fortunately you don’t need the actual way geometries which reduces osmosis load time in PG. You would need to filter by closed ways only, I don’t know if osmium lets you do this?

Using the new OpenStreetCam upload scripts (and a detour to geotagging with JOSM) about 3 years ago

Hm interesting. I couldn’t find anything about it in the Utah traffic code. In any case I’m not that worried about it, but thanks. Note that in some U.S. states it is also illegal to attach anything to the windshield when it could obstruct the view.

Missing Roads from ImproveOSM now also on MapRoulette over 3 years ago

It looks like there are no unfixed missing roads tiles in the Philippines currently! (Good work :))

Missing Roads from ImproveOSM now also on MapRoulette over 3 years ago

GOWin, sorry I was not able to do this for you yet, are you still interested?