Today, v4.2.0 of the openstreetmap-carto stylesheet (the default stylesheet on openstreetmap.org) has been released.
- Water color and default water text color are changed to be more visible
- Medium zoom level (z8-z12) rework:
- Landuses colors are faded and some of them are visible earlier
- Most of the man related landuses are combined into one color and more visible
- More important roads are better legible
- Leaf type rendering in woods and forests
- Cemetery symbols are not so dense now and Muslim cemetery has its own symbol
- Rendering of amenity=ferry_terminal
- Plaque rendering is now different and moved to z19
- Rendering railway labels
- Smaller line spaces in labels
- Junction names on areas
- Area color for railway=station is the same as for railways
- Database performance tuning available for Docker
- Different patterns and all remaining icons moved to SVG
- Some documentation and code cleaning
Thanks to all the contributors for this release, including littlebtc and giggls, new contributors. Special thanks for rrzefox for testing major changes on his server.
For a full list of commits, see https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/compare/v4.1.0…v4.2.0
As always, we welcome any bug reports at https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues.