ToniE has commented on the following diary entries

Glorious JOSM about 1 month ago

+1 (or even more) from my side.

I've been using JOSM for more than 10 years now - great tool.

@ClipArtJoel: try the "turnrestriction" plugin.

Toni

New week and new energy required about 1 month ago

Thanks, but no. Still not working.

How do you classify land use on OSM? Do you believe you could do it well? about 1 month ago

Hi,

4th try now and still:

says the same when I click on "Start".

Doesn't work though:

"We're sorry, but something went wrong.

If you are the application owner check the logs for more information."

Regards Toni

Sorting route relations 4 months ago

@lonvia: really brilliant. I never assumed that you sort the routes. @Tomas Straupis: and it allows calculating the elevation profile.

Toni

My Bicycle setup for Mapillary 5 months ago

I have the same problems with my 1GBit/sec DSL upload speed.

I do the following:

• prepare the images using mapillary Python script on my PC
  • rsync the images to my Raspberry-Pi
  • limit the upload speed to mapillary to 30KB/sec (by a traffic monitor on the Pi)
  • use the mapillary Python scripts on Pi to upload to mapillary
  • have a module for the RPI-Monitor to remotely monitor the progress

works fine for me. But for 5,000 images it might take 2-3 days to upload all images.

10 years in OSM 7 months ago

Wow, another oldie! Congratulations.

Breaking route relations while splitting roads 7 months ago

Good concern. Having stops and platforms is recommended, not mandatory.

I'll change that to "all or nothing": if there is at least one stop or platform, the full check for stops or platforms is started

• first and last node of the entire way have to be stop positions of the relation, the first and last stop in the list.

• stop positions have to be nodes of the ways.

• stop positions have to be ordered respecting the way, i.e if I follow the entire way, I will pass stop#1, stop#2, ... of the list of stops (ignoring all other stop positions on the way of course)

Toni

Breaking route relations while splitting roads 7 months ago

Hi Polyglot,

good point and less error-prone. I try to change my habit towards this - may take a while.

BTW: my Perl script will also check the sequence: stop/platform, ... stop/platform, way,... , way

The original idea for the script was to have a wiki page, listing the state of all routes of a region/operator/network, so that we can easily check and start JOSM for those who show problems.

Toni

Breaking route relations while splitting roads 8 months ago

... and another hint:

Exit the JOSM "relation editor" before splitting a way which is already member of that relation. Otherwise you will have to fight with conflicts.

Best regards Toni

Waymarked Trails goes OpenTopoMap 8 months ago

Thanks to you too, Sarah for developing, hosting, maintaining "Waymarked Trails". A great, the best place to search for trails!

And of course thanks to OpenTopoMap for adding this feature.

Toni

Breaking route relations while splitting roads 8 months ago

Hi Jothirnadh,

thanks for summarizing this. I have have stepped into this trap many times.

Also a good trap ...

Downloading only the public transport relation and then try to split a way. This might end up in spoiling other relations that have not been downloaded so far.

Always download the surrounding data before splitting!

Another hint:

Have a look at JOSM ticket #14711: JOSM does not consider "oneway=yes" or "junction=roundabout" when sorting.

I'm currently working on a script for the analysis of public transport relations of a region/city/network. Kindly have a look at the Munich/Germany analysis: some parts are in German but errors (Fehler) and notes (Anmerkungen) are in English.

Best regards Toni

Road speeds 10 months ago

Yes, you can use maxspeed:forward= and maxspeed:backward= where the direction is according to the Way in OSM. Editors like JOSM will also take care of this if you reverse the direction of the way for instance. Cheers Toni

highway=milestone vs mapillary vs richtiges tagging 10 months ago

Ich habe nichts mehr gehört.

highway=milestone vs mapillary vs richtiges tagging 10 months ago

Yep: https://lists.openstreetmap.de/pipermail/bayern/2017-March/001333.html

highway=milestone vs mapillary vs richtiges tagging 10 months ago

Wir hatten vor Kurzem auf der Bayern-Mailingliste eine Anfrage vom ADAC bezüglich der Milestones auf den Autobahnen.

Die Stauberater auf ihren Motorrädern sollen OSM-baiserte Information über die Kilometersteine bekommen.

Der ADAC will die Information u.U. selber in OSM einpflegen :-)

new road 12 months ago

Hi Bottlecap,

welcome on board.

It usually doesn't take much time for an update of the map. Maybe you can use "reload" or "Ctrl-R" to clear the Browser's cache.

Have fun Toni

Routenplanung — richtungsändernde Einbahnstrassen about 1 year ago

Gut beschrieben und macht wirklich Sinn.

Im Prinzip sind diese oneway=alternating wie Fähren über Flüsse zu behandeln. Man könnte als auch im Umkehrschluss auch bei Fähren oneway=alternating benutzten, oder? Bei Seefähren entsprechend mit oneway=reversible? Analog mit Abfahr- bzw. zu erwartenden Warte-Zeiten.

Von Baustellenampeln muss hier ja nicht geredet werden, oder? Das sind ja temporäre oneway=alternating mit Betonung auf "temporär".

Gruß Toni

Mentz-Abfälle over 1 year ago

Geht mir auch so. Auch ich lasse Bahnhöfe links liegen wenn's um KeepRight, OSM Inspector, JOSM Validator oder ähnliche Qualitätssichernde Tools geht - mehr als schade drum.

GraphHopper 0.3 released: Fast Route Planner Beyond Two Dimensions over 3 years ago

No, it doesn't seem to support turn-restriction relations.

See example,

where no_left_turn is set and drivers have to ride a bit further to the south and then do a 180° turn.