Mapper since: October 22, 2010
- GIS, open source, and transportation geek, Portland, OR. Personal website @ http://pdxmele.com
- Served on the OSM US Board for a term from 2013-2014.
I work for a company called Urban Airship managing a team of software engineers and doing some geodata wrangling.
- How I contributed to OSM: http://hdyc.neis-one.org/?Mele%20Sax-Barnett / where I contributed to OSM: http://yosmhm.neis-one.org/?Mele%20Sax-Barnett
- Donate to me on Gratipay: https://www.gratipay.com/pdxmele/
- Link to my PDX Buildings import account: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/MeleSax-Barnett_pdxbuildings/
TriMet/Salem Keizer work
Prior to 2/17/13, I was a TriMet employee working on updating OSM with local datasets (RLIS, Clark County GIS, etc.), focusing on street centerlines, bike routes, trails, parks, speeds, and turn restrictions. TriMet’s map trip planner uses OpenTripPlanner with OSM data, NED elevation, and TriMet’s route data. If you want to learn more about that project, visit http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenTripPlanner, http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/RLIS , and http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CCGIS. I also did some data work down in Marion, Yamhill, and Polk Counties for Salem-Keizer Transit.