Today, v4.24.0 of the OpenStreetMap Carto stylesheet (the default stylesheet on the OSM website) has been released. Once changes are deployed on the openstreetmap.org it will take couple of days before all tiles show the new rendering.
- Create darker river-color for river & canal areas and waterway lines (#3930)
The color of river, canal, ditch and drain waterway lines and river and canal areas is changed to #8fcadd (Lch78,21,227)
- Fix rendering of water body labels (#3919)
Restores rendering of water body labels on points (node features) Fixes rendering of natural=bay to use italic font at all z levels Cleans up duplicate natural=strait code in water.mss
- Precedence of junctions over POIs (#3915)
Junction=yes, =motorway and man_made=bridge labels now render before amenity-points This prevents icons from blocking the display of these text labels
- Remove rendering of waterway=wadi (#3931)
The tag waterway=wadi is deprecated, suggested replacement: waterway=river/stream + intermittent=yes OR natural=valley
- Move parking to amenity-points layers, change way_pixels limit and initial zoom level (#3923)
Moved parking features back to amenity-points layers Changed parking text intial zoom to z14, as planned in PR #3612 Change way_pixels limit for parking icon (750) and text (3000)
- Don’t use classes anymore (#3912)
- Convert state & country layers to ST_PointOnSurface (#3920)
- Convert addresses to use ST_PointOnSurface (#3898)
- Apply bbox to part of “addresses” query (#3942)
The 4 changes above are needed to allow use of vector tiles ST_PointOnSurface is used to generate a point for labeling Classes are removed, replaced with the layer id
- Documentation updates (#3911) & (#3910), Code clean-up (#3899) & (#3922)
Document inner line rendering, update docker documentation Clean-up text-placement / marker-placement, remove natural=marsh
Thanks to all the contributors for this release, including Adrian Piotrowicz (@nexces), a new contributor.
For a full list of commits, see https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/compare/v4.23.0…v4.24.0
As always, we welcome any bug reports at https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues
We would love to have new contributors who might be interested in solving some of the many open issues.