The Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church of Christ) was founded by Brother Felix Y. Manalo on July 27, 1914.
The Church swiftly spread over the Philippines’ Visayas and Mindanao islands, starting at Punta Sta Ana, Manila.
Prior to Brother Felix Manalo’s death on April 12, 1963, the Iglesia Ni Cristo had formed districts in over half of the country’s provinces. In 1968, the Iglesia Ni Cristo founded its first two local churches outside the Philippines, in Honolulu, Hawaii, and San Francisco, California, USA. Thus began the Iglesia Ni Cristo’s global spread.