Glassman has commented on the following diary entries

Getting to know Openstreetmap 12 days ago

You might want to look on the wiki for how to tag trees.

Notes from OSM-Colorado Saturday Mapternoon May 28, 2016 about 1 month ago

Sounds like a very productive meetup. Can not wait to hear more about Denver Regional Council of Government plans to import the data.

Creating accurate maps about 1 month ago

Mike, Not sure why you got negative responses when asking about OSM and Mapbox products. As you know there areas in OSM that need attention, especially in rural US. Then again, my 2015 Subaru's navigation system is way worse than any OSM map up and down I5 in Washington. My experiences traveling in Costa Rica using OSM data were far better than using Google maps.

There is a Maptime in Eugene. Great place to talk about improving OSM and learning about open source GIS development.\

Carei ... done ! about 1 month ago

Nice!

GSoC Diary 1 about 2 months ago

Can you post a link to your college campus?

Also - did you see the recent thread on the HOT mailing list asking for people to send in their suggested improvements to iD?

Thanks for working on iD. It has come a long way.

Clifford

Hadjer Lamis, Chad - Tracing guide (villages and buildings) about 2 months ago

Thanks for posting the images. It should be helpful to Missing Maps Mapathons when instructing new mappers.

Have you considered proposing a landuse=compound on the tagging list? The number of compounds would probably be too small for the standard layer. You might be able to convince HOT to add the landuse=compound to the Humanitarian layer.

City Heights, Mapperley Top about 2 months ago

I created a business card with my name and "title" Volunteer Contributor to hand out. It not only gives them a way to contact me, is a form (poor) of id, and has information about OSM.

I did run into one site manager that brushed me off with "I'm too busy..." So I left, after taking a picture of the site map. Mostly I run into interested and grateful people, especially business owners who like the thought that their establishment is being added to a map, even if it's one they've never heard of.

You comment The boss administrator turned out to be quite short, which is often a warning sign. left me disappointed.

New York Long Path 2 months ago

Have you checked for Strava gpx points? If it is an active trail, it is likely someone used the Strava app.

Mapping exit numbers on US motorways 2 months ago

Thanks for adding the ref numbers but I'm curious about the noref=yes. Is noref documented in the wiki?

Progress: Campus Indoor Mapping Project 3 months ago

You could use ogr2osm to create a .osm file that can be opened in JOSM as another layer. Then trace that layer into OSM. Let me know if you need help with org2osm and JOSM. I'm happy to assist.

Good luck with the project. There are so many uses for the information especially finding classes! I did a mapathon on a campus in that I wasn't familiar with and it took me forever to find the room.

MAPS.ME is now an editor 3 months ago

I do believe this will be my go to editor when I'm out with just my phone. Simple and easy to use. Now when we have a mapping party, we can suggest Maps.Me along with GoMap!!

One big suggestion would be to include the ability to search for tags much like iD and GoMap!!

As you update the type list, be sure to include restrooms aka toilets to the list. It was one of the features I tried to add today. New public toilets in Mount Vernon, WA.

MAPS.ME is now an editor 3 months ago

I'm headed out to give it a try.

Wolgan River and Capertee Valley Canyon 3 months ago

I see someone did a fix on Woolemi National Park seven hours ago. Because of the size, it may take a while before it renders.

1st OpenStreetMap Mapping event in University of State of Mexico, Faculty of Geography 4 months ago

Enhorabuena on a successful event. Working with geography students is fun. They catch on quickly and can make a real difference to OSM. We should compare notes. Our community is active with the University of Washington in Seattle and just did our first mapathon at Western Washington University in Bellingham.

Clifford

A MapRoulette Update: V2, Pedestrian Safety, GeoJSON, and Floating Ways in China 4 months ago

Martijn, Wow - Maproulette has really matured. I'd like to explore the sidewalk challenge more. We have a ngo in Seattle that wants to map sidewalks and wheelchair ramps. The sidewalk challenge may be just what they were looking for.

Clifford

GPS Tracks from Costa Rica Trip March 2016 4 months ago

Did you upload your gps data to OSM?

Mapping with OSM 4 months ago

Good luck with your continued mapping. If you haven't joined the talk mail list, I would suggest signing up. Great place to communicate with other mappers.

Clifford

Starting to find my way 4 months ago

Enjoy the journey. OSM has so many interesting facets to dig into. Some people like to map railways, even if all they can see is one left over railroad spike. Others like to map high voltage power lines. I like mapping parks, sidewalks and addresses. It is also fun to be involved with your local community. If you don't have one try to start one. I've learned so much more from others than I would have discovered on my own.

Good luck and have fun, Clifford

Fixing the tagging errors in Rajahmundry 5 months ago

Did you notice any pattern in which editor was used? I did a quick search of my state without one hit.

Clifford