Right now I am sitting very close to a place in Adelaide - San Churro. I know its mapped, at least with name.
However if I search for “openstreetmap san churro”, I see:
- Very rich data on opening hours (google), how long people spend at a location
- A business listing and map (google)
- A prompt to claim this business (google)
Contextually, my android phone already knows where I am so is potentially limiting the search to nearby businesses.
Previously I’ve been keen on a foursquare ‘checkin’ app to write to OSM and ask smart questions, as well as RDFa/schema.org markup to render useful results.
I’d like to go further and throw out a few feature requests with a bounty attached ($100 AUD each):
- On android or ios, add a plugin to Owntracks to allow check-in to an Openstreetmap location, publishing Lat/Lon, OSM id or new place name(suitable for a note)
- A way to connect to an Owntracks/Mqtt server and match user location/time to a 30 minute time slot (ie: indicating a likely valid opening hour)
- A public owntracks server for interested OSM users (worldwide? Or just country based)?
- An owntracks plugin for OSMand.