Alexander Avtanski has commented on the following diary entries

GPSMash update - Support for NMEA import, data cleanup updates 9 months ago

The visualization in the video was done with Blender (freeware 3D modeling tool). GPSMash was used to load GPS tracks, clean-up the data, and combine them into a single .X3D file, suitable for 3D modeling.

GPS track processing tool 10 months ago

RM87: Thanks for the information. I've tested it only with GPS data from my GPS device and from a friend's, so this kind of information is exactly what I am looking for.

Can you send me a sample GPX? If you can e-mail it to me at avtanski at gmail dot com, I would be very grateful - with some luck I'll be able to fix it immediately.

Regards,

• Alex
GPS visualizer - minor updates over 2 years ago

I just got a sample file without the tag and updated the script accordingly to handle it. Alv shouldn't have any problems anymore.

GPS visualizer - minor updates over 2 years ago

Hi Alv,

Thanks for the debugging - if you can mail me a short segment of a GPX file, this will be great. All I have here is GPX produced by my Garmin eTrex Vista Cx.

Skorasaurus' problem turned out to be different - he assumed that the script will traverse the subfolders of the folder he specified recursively, searching for scripts - it doesn't yet. When I have some free time I'll add this.

Regards,

- Alex

GPS visualizer - minor updates over 2 years ago

You mean like this one - http://youtu.be/b_5IcRVIL-w ? :-) (Don't forget to turn on the audio.)

GPS visualizer - minor updates over 2 years ago

Can you send me a sample GPX file?

Three years of dragging my GPS around with me... almost 3 years ago

UPDATE: Thanks for the feedback. I updated the README.TXT to list the correct parameter (SRCDIR instead of INPUT) and included in the zip file on the site a sample script that uses ImageMagick to produce the halo effect.

Three years of dragging my GPS around with me... almost 3 years ago

Hello. Yes, I used ImageMagick - to produce the fuzzy glow effect. I merged the video from the images using VirtualDub.

Regarding the INPUT parameter not working - oops, my bad. The parameter is actually "SRCDIR". I'll update the README.TXT. Thanks for the tip.