Mapper since: July 03, 2010 | Contributor terms: Accepted over 3 years ago
Good day, mate! Temecula, CA (United States of America) is where I call home and I'm committed to help map the city.
Check it out: Temecula, CA USA
Temecula is well known for its climate, hot-air balloons, numerous golf courses, popular wineries within the eastern countryside, an active historic downtown, and gateway to "Little Las Vegas" and the Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians.
This active suburban city is located between the eastern Los Angeles basin and San Diego along the I-15 Freeway corridor. My contributions to OSM of the Temecula Valley area is done mainly through local knowledge of the city, tracing the Bing imagery combined with surveying and recording raw data on paper while riding the roads, and researching public records.
I also visit all kinds of spots outside of town (e.g. Orange and San Diego County) for all sorts of reasons and record and add data to the map whenever I can.
The latest happenings in Temecula.
- Temecula Valley Hospital Construction - The area's largest medical facility coming soon to Temecula.
- French Valley Parkway Interchange - Progress of a new local freeway interchange.
Surveying areas while out on business or leisure.
- Sedona AZ - Bell Rock - Hiking up from the popular Bell Rock in Sedona.
- A Pub near Anthem AZ - Detailed mapping out in the Arizona desert.
- Los Angeles Colliseum - While sitting aboard a tour bus in LA traffic, mapping out the neighboring parking lot operators who were charging $25-40 per car for parking.
Night of the Living Maps:
Giving a big boost to mapping completeness in countryside areas in 2/2012.
- Sage CA, East of Temecula - Dedicated 8 hours Sat evening for NOTLM due to weekday work obligations.